Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TRADECRAFT CASE

Just about two minutes ago I ordered the GPC case for the Inspire in landing mode @ $469.00 (plus $220 to ship it to NZ). I'll let you all know what I think once it arrives. I went for the GPC case because Tradecraft didn't have a facility to ship it overseas at this time, whereas GPC did. I have a Pelican case for my Phantom gear which is awesome but the Pelican case to fit the Inspire in landing mode was HUGE (see Rigs thread on his case build). The Pelican case was going to cost $1,000 NZ (about $750 US) and then I'd have to pick-and-pluck the whole thing myself. It would have been ideal for airline travel but only if you'd chartered the whole plane for yourself.

Congrats on the GPC purchase. I'm sure you'll be very pleased. Let us know about your thoughts on the size when you receive it.

Just about two minutes ago I ordered the GPC case for the Inspire in landing mode @ $469.00 (plus $220 to ship it to NZ). I'll let you all know what I think once it arrives. I went for the GPC case because Tradecraft didn't have a facility to ship it overseas at this time, whereas GPC did. I have a Pelican case for my Phantom gear which is awesome but the Pelican case to fit the Inspire in landing mode was HUGE (see Rigs thread on his case build). The Pelican case was going to cost $1,000 NZ (about $750 US) and then I'd have to pick-and-pluck the whole thing myself. It would have been ideal for airline travel but only if you'd chartered the whole plane for yourself.

Hi Pete, Ive send u pm regarding the gpc case

Just picked up a GPC case. Ended up with the travel mode case, and I really like the quality of GPC BUT it is a really big case.

Just received my Tradecraft case today. First off, yes, it is huge and heavy, even empty. But you already knew any protective hard case that will fit the I1, especially in landing mode, was going to be that. It has a large tradecraft logo across the top of the case. A little larger than I would have liked, but it is professional looking and I don't mind it. The new cases are shipping with blue top layer foam. I appreciate this change. I find it helps with contrast when looking in the case and looks quite nice. There are also two removable foam pieces that go on top and secure everything before the lid closes. Nothing is going to slide or shift around, it is very well thought out and well made. Overall, I am quite happy with the case and the price, while not cheap, is still at least $100 less, after shipping costs, than the competitors coming in at just under $389.

I'm looking to buy the Tradecraft because it looks like the exact same case as the GP Compact version but the TC will let you keep your bird in landing mode. And at a C note cheaper that's good stuff.

I just received my Tradecraft case and I'm not happy because the complete foam comes out. That seems crappy to me. Shouldn't they have glued it to the case?? WTH!!!

I just received my Tradecraft case and I'm not happy because the complete foam comes out. That seems crappy to me. Shouldn't they have glued it to the case?? WTH!!!

They are all removable.

All of these companies sell just the inserts in case you damage yours or need to swap it out for a different model aircraft. I've done this with my goprofessional case when I switched from phantom 2 to vision+, just swapped out the foam insert and kept using the original case.

Also, if you get dirt or debris inside the case, removable foam really helps, you can take out the foam, hose down the case and get rid of the nasty stuff that accumulates underneath.

The removable foam is actually a very welcome "feature" if you ask me.

They are all removable.

All of these companies sell just the inserts in case you damage yours or need to swap it out for a different model aircraft. I've done this with my goprofessional case when I switched from phantom 2 to vision+, just swapped out the foam insert and kept using the original case.

Also, if you get dirt or debris inside the case, removable foam really helps, you can take out the foam, hose down the case and get rid of the nasty stuff that accumulates underneath.

The removable foam is actually a very welcome "feature" if you ask me.

Now that you mentioned all those aspects, it makes sense. I gotta say, the case is rock solid. I'll just get use to when I pull the Inspire 1 out of it to make sure I hold the foam so it doesn't come out. Thanks for making me see the light. LOL!!!

Tradecraft finally published their case announcement. Was a favorite of mine for the P2V. Good price and accommodates the Inspire in non-travel mode (with legs down) eliminating the entire power up, transition, power down, install camera, power up process. They state that camera can also be left attached for the safe short hauls.

Actually slightly bigger than the existing Pelican options with a size of 25x25x14, and at 26 lbs.

May be a good option for some.
Great job on the review. Is see your measurements total 64", but on the SKB site, the only i-series case that comes close to that is the 2424-14 which measure 62" in total. I ask because I'm taking American Airlines from Nevada to southern Argentina, baggage over 62" if oversize and will cost several hundred dollars to check. Curious, are the measurements you took quick/rough measurements are actual/exact? The overage charge alone could buy me a second case. Thanks.

PS: the GoProffessional Case you referenced is now listed on their site at 27lbs.

Both cases are darn heavy, (I've got the tradecraft case) and it's a bear to carry around when full of batteries...but what a great case. Everything sealed and secure.

I've also had problems when leaving the camera attached to the aircraft for extended periods of time--resulting in what seems like a gimbal malfunction (loses level, won't return to center, drifts). Removing and re-attaching the camera/gimbal has so far solved the problem but even though the tradecraft case accommodates it, I've stopped leaving the gimbal attached to the aircraft during transport.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop