Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Travel Mode issues - "Detach gimbal for Travel Mode"

Reaction score
Hello,

Ive been having this issue with My inspire 1 where it says that I have to remove camera so that it can go into travel mode. But even after the camera is removed it still displays the message that i have to remove the camera.
I've been trying the travel mode on grass, concrete and on top of its own case.

I have searching online to see if anyone had this same issue, but nothing that solved mine.

Current firmware (updated info):
App: 3.1.3
Aircraft 1.9.1.30
Remote 1.7.60

Is there a way to fix this? Anyone had this issue before and was able to resolve?
The only way for me to get it into travel now is turning the battery off mid lowering of the arms, which sometimes does not go into the correct position.

Please help me as I just got this Aircraft 2 days ago, besides this its been perfect and lots of fun.

Last edited:
Hello,

Ive been having this issue with My inspire 1 where it says that I have to remove camera so that it can go into travel mode. But even after the camera is removed it still displays the message that i have to remove the camera.
I've been trying the travel mode on grass, concrete and on top of its own case.

I have searching online to see if anyone had this same issue, but nothing that solved mine.

Current firmware:
App: 3.1.2
Aircraft 1.8.1.00
Remote 1.6.0
Camera 1.9.1.10

Is there a way to fix this? Anyone had this issue before and was able to resolve?
The only way for me to get it into travel now is turning the battery off mid lowering of the arms, which sometimes does not go into the correct position.

Please help me as I just got this Aircraft 2 days ago, besides this its been perfect and lots of fun.
I see you still have FW 1.8.1.00
There are known issues with that FW (as far as I can remember), which continued in 1.9.1.10. (I skipped that one)
Most were finally addressed in 1.9.1.30.
At least VPS, barometer and auto landing gear issues were supposed to be solved. And have as far as I know.

I see you still have FW 1.8.1.00
There are known issues with that FW, most were addressed in 1.9.1.30.
At least VPS, barometer and auto landing gear issues were supposed to be solved.
Oh cool. Thanks for letting me know about that. What about any issues with 1.9.1.30? Is it safe to upgrade to that? A friend that has a inspire pro suggested to only update once it's confirmed it's safe. He's still in a firmware older than mine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1.9.1.30 is the FW I'm still on. No problems for me so far. I'm not touching 1.10.1XX because DJI introduced a 3 sec delay on the CSC emergency motor stop. I can't live with that.

Reactions: Bruno28
1.9.1.30 is the FW I'm still on. No problems for me so far. I'm not touching 1.10.1XX because DJI introduced a 3 sec delay on the CSC emergency motor stop. I can't live with that.
Just checked, fortunately 1.9.1.30 is still available for download on the DJI site.

Reactions: Bruno28
Oh I typed the wrong software number, I was looking at my friends screenshot and not mine. Ive updated the main post to reflect correct software.

I'm already on
Aircraft: 1.9.1.30
Remote: 1.7.60

So how can I resolve the travel mode?

Update:
I have played around with it on top of its own box and tiles. It went into travel mode once, but after that never again. Tried like 10 times. The VPS is working and is showing a change in elevation if i pick up the aircraft inside my house (no gps). SO its not a faulty VPS.
One thing I did notice is that I do have the auto landing gear enabled but it never activates (lowers) landing gear when its low to the ground. Ive done low level flying yesterday and it never put the landing gear down.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875