Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Traveling with Inspire 1

Reaction score
So I tried to do a search here and on google for any kind of information regarding traveling abroad with my Inspire 1. I am going to Medellin, Colombia this weekend for 4 days and would like to take my Inspire. From what I have read, there are no regulations or laws prohibiting me from bringing it. I don't think I am much worried about it once I am there but I am more concerned about going through customs and run the risk of it being confiscated from me. Does anyone know the laws or can point me in the direction for some useful info regarding traveling restrictions specifically with regard to Colombia since that is where I am traveling to. Thanks in advance.

Mike

So I tried to do a search here and on google for any kind of information regarding traveling abroad with my Inspire 1. I am going to Medellin, Colombia this weekend for 4 days and would like to take my Inspire. From what I have read, there are no regulations or laws prohibiting me from bringing it. I don't think I am much worried about it once I am there but I am more concerned about going through customs and run the risk of it being confiscated from me. Does anyone know the laws or can point me in the direction for some useful info regarding traveling restrictions specifically with regard to Colombia since that is where I am traveling to. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Try typing in 'Travelling with the Inspire' in the search bar on this forum. It will return a lot of useful results and information.
You will have to check with your specific carrier with regards to their checked luggage size etc and of course you will be restricted not only by your airline but by the standard TSA rules on limitation on Watt Hour limits for lipo batteries.

Medellin, Columbia huh?! I've always been fascinated with Pablo Escobar (Cocaine kingpin from the 80's-90's for folks who may not know)...and Medellin is his hometown where he operated! What are your plans while you're there? For anyone interested in Escobar, definitely watch the series "Narcos" on Netflix, amazing show.

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
I love Medellin. This is the second time going there. I was there last July. Its quite modernized and beautiful. I have a good friend that lives there who I am visiting. He is going to take me to a few places where I can fly the drone for some epic aerials.

Mazz is right.
I think you will allowed to take the T47 batteries but am pretty sure the T48 is banned. Call your local airport to find out. I would also check with the airport in Columbia just to make sure. You might want to make sure their electrical grid current is acceptable for your DJI charger.
Good Luck, you should have a great time with the inspire there and get some real neat photos and videos.

Sounds awesome good luck with the video & let us know how it all turns out , I took mine to Jamaica last summer no problems...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide