Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trouble removing "white" CCW 1345T propellers after flying?

Reaction score
Website
cleareyephoto.com
After flying, I am having great difficulty removing the white CCW 1345T props. I can easily remove the red CW ones with only moderate hand pressure required to turn the locking mechanism. But turning that mechanism by hand to release the white ones after a flight is just about impossible . The front white one is worse than the back one.

I can turn the mechanism and remove the white props using channel locks, but I'm not happy about using them on plastic parts, and I'm concerned that I'll damage something, or even weaken the whole mounting hub due to the extra force I need to apply.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

A bit more background: My Inspire 1 is fairly new, and came with the latest 1345T props and mounts, so it's not a retrofit kit installation issue. I have checked to make sure the white props are properly seated before locking them in place, and made sure there's no dirt or grit that would contribute to the binding.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide. And, as a new member on this forum (first time poster here), let me add that I am so grateful for all of the fantastic info I've found here. Thank you all for being so helpful!

I have the same props as you but mine seem to be much easier to turn. The consensus on these props from what I've gathered on the forums is to replace them with the original self tightening props and prop locks. I'll be doing that in the near future.

Yes, same here it appears the white props seem to 'self tighten' when in use, I have not been overly concerned about it though, I have got used to the fact that I need to use a little more strength when undoing the white props.
It would however be nice to understand the mechanics of what is going on with these white props when they are 'self tightening'.
My only concern is, if the white ones are tightening themselves when in use, are the red ones trying to loosen themselves?

Yes, same here it appears the white props seem to 'self tighten' when in use, I have not been overly concerned about it though, I have got used to the fact that I need to use a little more strength when undoing the white props.
It would however be nice to understand the mechanics of what is going on with these white props when they are 'self tightening'.
My only concern is, if the white ones are tightening themselves when in use, are the red ones trying to loosen themselves?

Interestingly, I've just switched to thread-on T-Motor CF props because my RED 1345T props were loosening, and it felt like they might become prone to falling off mid-air. It never occurred to me that it was anything more than coincidence that it was the red ones, but in light of the above, it makes sense.

It's been pointed out that simply replacing the entire mounts would fix the problem much cheaper than going the CF route like I did, but I've simply opted for peace-of-mind. Expensive peace-of-mind.

I too have this problem with one of my white props being stiffer to fit and remove than any of the others. The red colour coded ones are relatively easy to fit/remove compared to the white. Is there a way to adjust the fit in any way or is it a mount replacement?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08