Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trouble with Firmware Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need some help.

I have been running 1.2.x for sometime now and, after reading that things were pretty stable with 1.4, decided to upgrade to 1.4. I knew I had to go through 1.3 first. But I have had a devil of a time doing that. I had a Class 10 MicroCenter 16GB card that was formatted FAT and captured pictures without any problem reformatted just to be sure no extraneous information was on there and put 1.3 onto it and the card into the camera. First, it chirped about a minute as if doing the upgrade and then it just stopped. Fearing I just needed to wait, I waited thirty minutes but when I checked the bird, no update and the text message on the card was that it "timed out". I would reformat and try again. I finally changed to a different SD card (A Class 10 4GB Sandisk) and 1.3 was successfully uploaded. But when I tried to upload 1.4 on the SanDisk card, it chirped forever but when I checked the bird, it had gone BACK to 1.2.x.

What the heck? Is that possible? Can a bird revert to an older firmware version like that?

Thanks in advance

That all seems very odd. I would start with a freshly formatted memory card again. Get the download from DJI and put the *.bin file in the root directory. When you do the RC, connect it to the back of the camera. I find that works best.

I have the same problem and not solved so far !!
I figured out what was happening. After I completed my upgrade of the aircraft firmware, I had changed my battery to a battery that did not have the newer battery software. With the battery that did not upgrade, the RC puts out that the older firmware is on the bird. But when I updated the battery, the firmware went back to 1.4 on the RC readout.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I figured out what was happening. After I completed my upgrade of the aircraft firmware, I had changed my battery to a battery that did not have the newer battery software. With the battery that did not upgrade, the RC puts out that the older firmware is on the bird. But when I updated the battery, the firmware went back to 1.4 on the RC readout.

Good Luck :)

My issue, I believe, is that the camera is not properly reading the SD card. I did my best efforts in using different SD cards, formatting them in different ways, changing the batteries ..etc without any success. I even approached DJI online chat and their emails and provided them with necessary files they needed but no respond from the aircraft !!!

I will keep trying and exploring new ways to solve this issue

thank you

Good Luck :)

My issue, I believe, is that the camera is not properly reading the SD card. I did my best efforts in using different SD cards, formatting them in different ways, changing the batteries ..etc without any success. I even approached DJI online chat and their emails and provided them with necessary files they needed but no respond from the aircraft !!!

I will keep trying and exploring new ways to solve this issue

thank you
What exactly are the symptoms of your problem, it is not clear from your posts what the problem is..

What exactly are the symptoms of your problem, it is not clear from your posts what the problem is..

Thanks for your concern
my problem is that I am not able to update my inspire 1 from 1.2.1.06 firmware to the latest 1.4 firmware. I followed all the recommendations and steps provided by dji online chat but no response from my aircraft is is still on the old version, and gives me a message saying the camera needs to be updated. and my iPad doesn't display the video when I connect it to the aircraft

I am attaching a screen shot of my iPad IMG_6830.JPGIMG_6828.JPGIMG_6827.JPG

Okay, I see..
From the FW you are using, you must first update to the 1.3 FW and then to the 1.4 FW.
Have you tried that?

Looks like you have gone away?
I will look back later.

sorry

I tried to update to 1.3 FW with no success, sometimes it gets silence and sometimes just the camera keeps moving around with no sound of normal update. I left it for more than 50 min and didn't change. An also no log file found in the SD card

Okay, based on that, I would look at the two ribbon cables that connect to the camera/gimbal.
They could be dislodged and not connecting properly or, they could be damaged..
If your camera needed an update you would see text on the SD card something like this..
[00010546]========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
[00010728]Packet [C:\WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin] detected.
[00010734]Packet upgrade start...

[00010744]Packet checking...
[00010751]Done.

[00010757]Version checking[1]...
[00010763][01 00] v1.8.2729 -> v1.19.3422 need upgrade

In this instance the camera is [01 00] and it is need of an upgrade, but because you are not seeing this text, I would suspect the ribbon cables or the SD card.
I do have a patch file for upgrading the camera but it will only work if the camera can communicate with the SD card..

IMG_6817.JPG
Okay, based on that, I would look at the two ribbon cables that connect to the camera/gimbal.
They could be dislodged and not connecting properly or, they could be damaged..
If your camera needed an update you would see text on the SD card something like this..
[00010546]========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
[00010728]Packet [C:\WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin] detected.
[00010734]Packet upgrade start...

[00010744]Packet checking...
[00010751]Done.

[00010757]Version checking[1]...
[00010763][01 00] v1.8.2729 -> v1.19.3422 need upgrade

In this instance the camera is [01 00] and it is need of an upgrade, but because you are not seeing this text, I would suspect the ribbon cables or the SD card.
I do have a patch file for upgrading the camera but it will only work if the camera can communicate with the SD card..

I have used different types of SD cards. but someone recommended me to use this attached SD card. I have ordered it and waiting to receive it and see what the outcome will be

Okay, Whilst you are waiting, try removing the SD card from the camera and starting up the AC, RC and App.
You should get a message saying "No SD Card" if the camera is communicating with the RC.
If you do not get that message.. check the cables as previously mentioned.
EDIT.
Its also worth checking the pins on the gimbal connector to see if any of the pins are out of alignment (bent).

Last edited:
AS per another stream, I had a similar problem. The card ended up useless too. Where are you formatting the card? Mine did not work when formatted in a PC, but it was fine when I formatted using the option in the DJI Go menu.

AS per another stream, I had a similar problem. The card ended up useless too. Where are you formatting the card? Mine did not work when formatted in a PC, but it was fine when I formatted using the option in the DJI Go menu.

I formatted it in both PC and Mac, but I will try to formatted the way you did through DJI Go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz