Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trying out my Ipad pro 12.9, Z3, and range extender today.

Reaction score
Got a new Ipad yesterday. Made a temporary mount. Z3 has been working good on still shots. haven't done video. If it sucks I'll wait for the updates. Installed a range extender this week. Went from 2600ft to 8600ft so far.

Last edited:
I'm not getting the appeal of these. If you only have 15-20 minutes on a battery, you won't have much time on station at the increased distance before you have to bring it back. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean the range extender? Depends on what you're doing. I have lots of trees and hills here. I went from 2600 feet to 10600 ft without even using the boosters. Plenty of battery left.

Reactions: Ftolino
I'm not getting the appeal of these. If you only have 15-20 minutes on a battery, you won't have much time on station at the increased distance before you have to bring it back. Am I missing something?

You can also get batteries with an extra 10 minutes of flight time

Maybe it is different in USA or other countries, but here you cannot fly First Person View (pilot view) And have to have a extra visual line of sight person to be legal, range extenders are also illegal as they change the approved transmission signals. So I am wondering if it is worth the subsequent charges if the same regulations exist in your country. Remember DJI records every flight you make so it is easy for law enforcement to check if you are operating within regulatory perameters. In Canada it can be 25,000 fine and 3 years in jail if convicted of a regulatory offence. I am pretty sure if your DJI flight history shows you are more than 700-1000 meters you will not be considered "line-of-sight" visual sight requirements. And in Canada anyone that does not like you flying over their property can report you for investigation. I am not trying to be a kill joy here but sure want to be able to prevent drones fetting bad reputations and being outlawed completely. We as the pilots need to know tge ruled and comply. To keep our happy flying sport/business in effect.

Maybe it is different in USA or other countries, but here you cannot fly First Person View (pilot view) And have to have a extra visual line of sight person to be legal, range extenders are also illegal as they change the approved transmission signals. So I am wondering if it is worth the subsequent charges if the same regulations exist in your country. Remember DJI records every flight you make so it is easy for law enforcement to check if you are operating within regulatory perameters. In Canada it can be 25,000 fine and 3 years in jail if convicted of a regulatory offence. I am pretty sure if your DJI flight history shows you are more than 700-1000 meters you will not be considered "line-of-sight" visual sight requirements. And in Canada anyone that does not like you flying over their property can report you for investigation. I am not trying to be a kill joy here but sure want to be able to prevent drones fetting bad reputations and being outlawed completely. We as the pilots need to know tge ruled and comply. To keep our happy flying sport/business in effect.

FPV in the US is illegal if flying under Part 107. It's perfectly legal to fly FPV in the US if it's just for hobby.

Please explain how antenna mods "change the approved transmission signals". The ones I've seen only focus signals, they don't change the frequency.

FPV in the US is illegal if flying under Part 107. It's perfectly legal to fly FPV in the US if it's just for hobby.

Please explain how antenna mods "change the approved transmission signals". The ones I've seen only focus signals, they don't change the frequency.

You may use visual observers under part 107 to do a flight as described.

Reactions: Tim Cameron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko