Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trying to get dual controllers to link

Reaction score
The first controller shows the rc page detailing the master and slave options, my problem is that the second controller does not give me the option to search for the other controller just the normal page showing the gimbal controls

My problem is that I'm not getting the rc page which allows me to search for the master .

You bought them together? Are they the same model?

Try to reset both:

Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller. By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

Reactions: Kev1nGrff
Bought separate same model
Same firmware
Both reset
Both linked separately to aircraft
Rc which is connected to aircraft shows master/slave page, but the other controller which has solid orange lamp shows normal rc page is gimbal control

Did you try to use the master as a slave and the slave as the master? Heard a case on the DJI forum with almost the same issue und switching the role did the trick...

Reactions: Kev1nGrff
Yep
I'm thinking problem with the new controller
Do you know how to reinstall firmware on controller? I think that's the problem

Problem solved
It was the old tablet I was using as soon as I upgraded the tablet everything worked, not Dji's fault lol.

I am having trouble getting master/slave controllers to work. Do they both need the same tablet operating system (e.g., both iOS, or both Android)? I am trying to use an iPad on one and an Android (NVIDIA Shield) on the other, and I get the same issues that Kev1nGrff had.

I finally got everything working. For now. I bought the second controller separate from the I1 v2; but here are a few things I know make a difference:

1) You have to first link the second controller to the Inspire as a Master using the red button on the UAV. Once you do that the second controller gets a name RCxxxx and a password. Turn off that controller.

2) You have to turn on the first controller, set it in Master mode, and relink it to the Inspire. Be sure that it operates and has a video feed. If you do all this indoors you may be getting interference from your house WiFi.

3) Turn on the second controller, and set it to slave. You have to search for the Master, then request control from the Master.

4) If you get a video feed on the slave you have succeeded. Almost. I had to set the Master to free gimbal control. On the slave left stick right/left yaws the gimbal, and right stick forward/reverse pitches the gimbal.

This is now working for me with DJI Go on an Android NVIDIA on the Master and DJI Go on an iPod on the slave.

Just holler if anyone wants some pictures and a slower walk through.

Reactions: RMartin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla