Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

[Tutorial]D-log and LOG mode Transcoding Tool

Reaction score
This transcoding tool can transform the compressed 8 bit code steam into larger bit-depth code stream, and the exported files can be compatible with the post-processing software as the Adobe Premiere or the Apple Final Cut Pro. D-log mode gives us great post processing capabilities. Videos shot by Osmo can also take advantage of this useful tool.

DJI Forum|D-log and LOG mode Transcoding Tool

Whilst this could be useful for those with absolutely no colour correcting skills it produces massive files, takes ages to process, and does not make the original files any better. It also has an extremely badly designed interface.

To use two old idioms this is 'using a sledgehammer to crack a nut' and 'you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse'.

Reactions: The Editor
Whilst this could be useful for those with absolutely no colour correcting skills it produces massive files, takes ages to process, and does not make the original files any better. It also has an extremely badly designed interface.

To use two old idioms this is 'using a sledgehammer to crack a nut' and 'you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse'.

After a few tries using this process myself, I totally agree!!
I've been color correcting, editing and rendering many types of formats for years and see so real advantage to this whatsoever!
I can't help but wonder if this isn't something meant to be more of a selling point than anything else. Like maybe to make it seem more like a cinematic process? More professional? Just a guess.

I've done several tests clips at 4K 24fps with the color set to "none", done the post process thing with color correction, saturation, sharpness, etc and rendered with great results. Not exactly good enough for the Big Screen but certainly great for a 60 inch 4K flat screen TV.

After a few test clips and edits (like for a sizzle reels) I tend to prefer shooting with reduced saturation, contrast and slightly reduced sharpness and wind up with good material to work with in post.

Just a personal thing, I prefer not to use D-Log. But again, that's just me. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop