Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK based Flight Training School/Academy

Would you have an interest in a Flight Training School/Academy - Working towards PFAW?

• Yes - Very Interested and I want to work towards my PFAW

• Yes - Very Interested but I do not want to work towards PFAW

• Yes - Interested but only for a couple of hours/1/2 day training session

• No - No interest in either training or working towards my PFAW

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm doing my RPQ-s course in December, gound school only. That for me will be the easier part as done a lot of online course work over the past few weeks, met combined, human factors etc.

For me the scary bit is the flight assessment, as I at this point do not have an aircraft of my own but have been borrowing a friends P3P now and then. So, if I don't get my I1 a few weeks before the practical I might be interested in the on-hands flight training.

I live in Cambs.

@RockLobster and @Carlos1966 - thanks for the response.

RockLobster - Sorry, but I wouldn't be able to provide an Inspire for use on the course. It would have to be your own aircraft.

Sorry - I should have made that clearer - Candidates will have to bring their own multirotor platform with them - Don't care what it is and doesn't have to be an Inspire but you will need to bring your own.

@RockLobster and @Carlos1966 - thanks for the response.

RockLobster - Sorry, but I wouldn't be able to provide an Inspire for use on the course. It would have to be your own aircraft.

Sorry - I should have made that clearer - Candidates will have to bring their own multirotor platform with them - Don't care what it is and doesn't have to be an Inspire but you will need to bring your own.
No worries. I was planning to get my I1 before I do the practice exam anyway, I need to get to grips with the aircraft I'll be using before any test, its shortfalls and all that.

Hi there,
I'm interested in this but can i ask what entry level of experience is required. I imagine you will have some pretty good flyers out there it may be difficult to marry that with a complete novice like myself. I literally received my inspire pro today and have never flown it. I aim to use it for difficult movie/music video shots and maybe eventually commercial endeavors. But would this course be beneficial to me at this time?

cheers
chris

Hi there,
I'm interested in this but can i ask what entry level of experience is required. I imagine you will have some pretty good flyers out there it may be difficult to marry that with a complete novice like myself. I literally received my inspire pro today and have never flown it. I aim to use it for difficult movie/music video shots and maybe eventually commercial endeavors. But would this course be beneficial to me at this time?

cheers
chris
Hi Chris,
Welcome to Inspirepilots.
Even though by your own admission you are a complete novice, if you are seriously thinking about working towards your PFAW then the course will let you know what to expect and what you're letting yourself in for.
Obviously you should get some stick time in beforehand but you will not be expected to be a 3d stunt helicopter pilot. :p
I will tailor the courses to individual abilities but you should be comfortable taking off and landing without using the auto feature and you should be happy to fly out to a distance of a coup!e of hundred meters and a height of 400ft which you would be asked to do on a flight assessment by an NQE assessing you for PFAW.
There will also be some atti flying in there as well so you should be comfortable flying without the security of GPS hold. This would be for the 'Working towards PFAW' course as candidates will want to know what to expect.
At this stage you maybe better suited to the 'Safer flying/best practice' course which is not PFAW orientated but rather concentrates on preparation of your aircraft, safety checks and safer flying techniques/practices.

BTW - where in the country are you located?

All the best.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I do appreciate it and i shall heed your advice. Having spent most of my time as a landriveted DOP i am really looking forward to spreading my wings as it were. I'm based in Sunderland (Even more up-north ;))

Thanks for the prompt reply. I do appreciate it and i shall heed your advice. Having spent most of my time as a landriveted DOP i am really looking forward to spreading my wings as it were. I'm based in Sunderland (Even more up-north ;))
Believe me - now you have the Inspire you will be itching to get airborne. Once you have completed your first flight you will be hooked. :p
Take your time, do not rush ANYTHING and always check you mod values prior to take off (lots of info about that on this forum).
There are lots of people on here that can help.

I will hopefully post up on here shortly with some dates for courses and firm prices (although none of them will be over £400)

Believe me - now you have the Inspire you will be itching to get airborne. Once you have completed your first flight you will be hooked. :p
Take your time, do not rush ANYTHING and always check you mod values prior to take off (lots of info about that on this forum).
There are lots of people on here that can help.

I will hopefully post up on here shortly with some dates for courses and firm prices (although none of them will be over £400)

Good Advice.
Yes I'm itching to go but i will (as the dude says) ABIDE!
Once i get more learned with the device I shall try the course. Until then i shall pick the brains of these fine people on this forum.
All the best
chris

Hi Ed.
In Australia Casa gives potential uoc holders a generic ops manual for guidance. It comes in Microsoft Word so you can manipulate it to suit your intentions on how you want to conduct your business. This was a massive help for me as it saves alot of time and frustration as it is also formatted for you too.
I then just had develop flight and maintenance manuals.
I think what you are doing is great as your knowledge of this industry is exceptional from what I have read on this forum and if I were in the UK I would be the first to sign up.
Best of luck
Paul

Reactions: Phatzo
Hi Ed.
In Australia Casa gives potential uoc holders a generic ops manual for guidance. It comes in Microsoft Word so you can manipulate it to suit your intentions on how you want to conduct your business. This was a massive help for me as it saves alot of time and frustration as it is also formatted for you too.
I think what you are doing is great as your knowledge of this industry is exceptional from what I have read on this forum and if I were in the UK I would be the first to sign up.
Best of luck
Paul
Thanks for the kind words Paul - much appreciated.

Hi Ed.
Best of luck
Paul
hi Paul, would it be possible that you share - send me the doc file?
here in hungary there are no specific rules or liscence to aquire yet and i would line to prepare for that day and gather as much info as i can from certified pilots around the forum / globe. would be a great help and samely appreciated.
thx
Martin (aka phatzo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add my two pence worth - yes, I would be interested in this. South East UK here. :)
OK thanks - I see you've voted.

I will hopefully be able to post up some course dates next week with details etc (The delay has been down to the venue faffing around with the conference room facilities etc).

I was looking into a course to go in the UK which I know is only good for the UK but eventually be also a good base and peace of mind for future regulations around europe I guess. my only prolbem is that the cost is HUGE and I would not really be able to make a good ROI. the price in my currency is about five time of a normal salary here plus the UAV certificate on top.
I am talking about the 1500 british pounds incl VAT.
but having one of the CAA approved NQA certificates would also do me some really good practice although I do fly 3 years already and had a really good teacher from germany who is also a very good friend at the same time.

If I could take ordes in the UK (as german citizen) it would make more sense to go and have myself certified. the question would only be then on how to get connections to achieve this task :D

OK, for those of you who kindly voted and have an interest in the training, I am pleased to announce that I have finally come to an agreement with all parties with regards to venue/permissions/accommodation and everything else!:)

I will be posting up some course dates later in the week with the first course likely to be in the second half of February (Provisionally 24th or 26th February).
Space is limited on each course as I am deliberately keeping them small so you guys get almost 1-1 attention and people do not get bored while other people are flying (there will only be one UAV in the Air at any one time). Courses are likely to be 2-4 people Max.

Can I please ask that for those of you who are interested in working towards PFAW to please PM me with your contact details and we can set the ball rolling?

Thanks for your patience guys but these things take time to put together. The one day course fees will include lunch and gallons of tea/coffee throughout the day but NOT accommodation. However, I am working with the venue to sort some reduced rates on site (subject to availability) if booked at the same time as the course.

Thanks for everyone's interest and I am happy to offer this service to fellow Inspire/UAV flyers working towards their PFAW! :)

The Editor.

Just an update on course dates......

The following days are currently available on a first come first served basis. As soon as a minimum of two candidates book for the same date that will enable the course to go ahead.
Please register your interest and for what day:

Feb:
24th or 26th

Mar:
16th or 18th
23rd or 25th
30th

Apr:
1st
6th or 8th

Many thanks.

I cant believe youve just posted this on a forum ive just joined haha. Ive literally just gone through the idea of this and doing a course very similar. As a professional helicopter pilot as my day job and having just got my pfaw off to caa last month, I thought people would benefit from a half day ground school practice and a half day flying practice. I have the use of an industrial site for flying close proximity, a bunch of farm houses I can use and having been a flying instructor, i'd planned on doing a day course for £250 and take 2-3 prospective trainees through the basics. I'd cover the very basics and provide training material for the full course, working in conjunction with a residential training facility.

The market will quickly saturate but I guess theres still no harm in me trying. Strategically placed training centres will help. I'm in North Lincs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont