Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Police Warn Drone Owners

Reaction score
Website
irishsights.com
Here is an opening quote from the Police from their site last October.

"A 42-year-old man has been charged in connection with the unauthorised use of a drone over the centre of Edinburgh, prompting Police Scotland to remind the public of their responsibilities when piloting similar devices.

Local officers were alerted at around 10:30am on Wednesday, October 14, after the remote controlled device was seen flying over Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street Gardens.

Officers quickly traced and charged the man under Sections 60 and 61 of The Air Navigation Order (2009) and a report has been sent to the Procurator Fiscal.

There is existing legislation governing the authorised use of unmanned aircraft systems within UK airspace"

Read the full article here Man Charged for Drone Offences in Edinburgh - Police Scotland

To give you an idea what this looks like for the likes of us UAV pilots I thought I'd include the below.

2353474381aa69a551926d3bbe7e12a6.jpg

Reactions: Scotflieger
Here is an opening quote from the Police from their site last October.

"A 42-year-old man has been charged in connection with the unauthorised use of a drone over the centre of Edinburgh, prompting Police Scotland to remind the public of their responsibilities when piloting similar devices.

Local officers were alerted at around 10:30am on Wednesday, October 14, after the remote controlled device was seen flying over Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street Gardens.

Officers quickly traced and charged the man under Sections 60 and 61 of The Air Navigation Order (2009) and a report has been sent to the Procurator Fiscal.

There is existing legislation governing the authorised use of unmanned aircraft systems within UK airspace"

Read the full article here Man Charged for Drone Offences in Edinburgh - Police Scotland

To give you an idea what this looks like for the likes of us UAV pilots I thought I'd include the below.

2353474381aa69a551926d3bbe7e12a6.jpg
I'm sure he had all the relevant permissions from the Queen for flying over one of her 'Houses' and all the vehicles and people on Princes St. were under his control with cordons in place within the grounds. :rolleyes:

Most days last summer I saw a chap flying a Syma X5C in that park. The X5C is nearly as big as a Phantom but much lighter. With the prop guards on, it would take quite a bit of effort to actually hurt someone. I hope it's not him that was charged because he was flying clear of everyone else and the X5C does not fly very far or fast.

Down the road, in the busy Inverleith Park, I've seen a S900 being flown, now that's risky.

Most days last summer I saw a chap flying a Syma X5C in that park. The X5C is nearly as big as a Phantom but much lighter. With the prop guards on, it would take quite a bit of effort to actually hurt someone. I hope it's not him that was charged because he was flying clear of everyone else and the X5C does not fly very far or fast.

Down the road, in the busy Inverleith Park, I've seen a S900 being flown, now that's risky.
Two year olds hurt pretty easily.

It's easy in a way to make up self generated specific rules for any location. We have all tried to justify our situations at some point. Fortunately we don't need to do that as there are laws to save us the bother. :)

Reactions: Adam Stanford

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters