Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Um... battery charging

4 solid lights is still charging, probably balancing. When finished everything turns off.

Hmm, that's odd. I left it on the charger until it had four solid lights. Hope it's not an issue with yet another battery...

The lights on the battery will turn completely off when it is done charging. Also do not leave it plugged in for an extended period of time past that point.

I may have missed it, but you can check the cells of the battery by pressing and holding down the power button (about 5secs) until the red light flashes, then all 4 green LED's should light up, anything less then you have a bad cell.

Just an update on this issue (in case anyone asks about something similar in the future)...

The DOA TB47 has been sitting in the case since that fateful first day, but on a whim I decided to plug it back into the charger this morning. Before doing so, I held the power button down to check the current charge (which, on Saturday, did absolutely nothing). TODAY, however, the first green light came on. I plugged it into the charger, and it seems to be charging now.

I don't know with any certainty why it was completely unresponsive on Saturday, but if I had to guess... it might have been too cold. When handling the battery, it didn't feel cold (cool, but not cold), but it had just been delivered by UPS at about 8:30AM. In Denver. For all I know, it had been sitting in an unheated truck for 12 hours previously (and we'd just gotten snow the day before, so it was chilly outside).

I'll keep an eye on it to make sure the charge completes, then update its firmware. It would be so lovely if it turns out to be a working battery, even if it means I didn't need to buy the TB48 on Saturday afternoon. I'd have gotten an extra battery eventually, it was just a tough pill to swallow after laying out the money for the Inspire itself. Still, all's well that ends well.

Just an update on this issue (in case anyone asks about something similar in the future)...

The DOA TB47 has been sitting in the case since that fateful first day, but on a whim I decided to plug it back into the charger this morning. Before doing so, I held the power button down to check the current charge (which, on Saturday, did absolutely nothing). TODAY, however, the first green light came on. I plugged it into the charger, and it seems to be charging now.

I don't know with any certainty why it was completely unresponsive on Saturday, but if I had to guess... it might have been too cold. When handling the battery, it didn't feel cold (cool, but not cold), but it had just been delivered by UPS at about 8:30AM. In Denver. For all I know, it had been sitting in an unheated truck for 12 hours previously (and we'd just gotten snow the day before, so it was chilly outside).

I'll keep an eye on it to make sure the charge completes, then update its firmware. It would be so lovely if it turns out to be a working battery, even if it means I didn't need to buy the TB48 on Saturday afternoon. I'd have gotten an extra battery eventually, it was just a tough pill to swallow after laying out the money for the Inspire itself. Still, all's well that ends well.
That would make sense.....the smart batteries have thermal protection on them both under and over so if the electrolyte had chilled down overnight and the pack detected it was too cold it would not go into charge. Just keep an eye on the individual cell voltages on that pack during the first few flights and make sure they track equally under load.
Glad it worked out. :)

This is potentially a stupid question, but my Inspire 1 was just delivered about 30 minutes ago. Trying to charge the battery right now, but there are no lights or any sort of indication that it's doing anything. Is that... normal?

Before connecting the charger, I pushed the button to see if there was any pre-existing charge, but nothing happened. I assumed that when I plugged it in, the lights would start flashing or something (like they do on the controller), but... nothing.

Hey,

I just received my Inspire an hour or two ago. I purchased 2 5700 mAh from Amazon.ca, and 1 extra 4500 mAh from DJI store directly. The DJI battery that came with the drone was DOA. The rest had 1 flashing green light when I hit the power button. I have charged 1 5700mAh battery, and am currently charging the good 4500 mAh battery.

I'll call DJI, and ask them to replace the bad one.

Send the battery back to Amazon. I had the same issue with a battery and they sent a new one right away. Going through DJI can take a decade.

I've had this before, try removing the charging plug a few times and make sure it's turned off at the plug. Make sure everything is connected the turn the plug on. I doubt very much it's a duff battery.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Send the battery back to Amazon. I had the same issue with a battery and they sent a new one right away. Going through DJI can take a decade.

I had a dead TB-47 that I bought from DJI. They were awesome. Let me return for refund, bought a TB-48 instead, locally. Amazingly good service from DJI!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool