Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Unable to control gimbal on slave RC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Briski, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Briski

Slave RC won't control gimbal...but can operate photo / video functions when paired to master any suggestions to rectify this ? Firmware all are up to date on inspire 1 & RCs

Kind regards

2. Simon Mallin

If you can operate the gimbal using the screen (touch and drag) then I had this problem after updating RC to 1.7.40. If you haven't done it already try a 'gimbal auto calibrate' on slave RC, it sorted the problem for me. Failing that try deleting the GO app and reinstalling.

Good luck

3. mikeL

I down graded to 1.6 and the stick controls returned

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

4. Reggae56

Make sure to ask for control on the slave rc settings,input the code from the master rc settings page.

5. Perchpole

This is interesting. I bought a second controller today. Hooked it up following various guides - but the sticks don't work. I can move the camera with my finger on the tablet - but that's about it.

:0(

6. Next Step

I believe the most recent firmware update leaves the Master and Slave paired, but wipes out their control settings. Simply reconfiguring worked for me.

Attached Files:

7. Briski

Cheers for that guys, i seem to have the functions back...has anyone got the best settings for the gimbal pan tilt & smooth functions the ranges are 0 -30 & 0 - 40 /60

Kind regards

8. Eric

Best settings depend on the style or situation you are in. Along with your gains. Spend a few hours getting to know these. It will really help your end results. For landscape and wide open its almost always better to set both gimbal and gains to the slower setting. Fast pace things such as chasing a Porsche around (I had gains maxed out) and gimbal speeds turn up. In the end it's what works for you. I wouldn't consider maxed out uncontrollable, don't be intimidated. Spend some time exploring, not hard to set to the shoot ;-). The practice will really show in your footage.

9. 550 Productions

In the future, select "Request Control" in the slave RC settings. It will walk you through getting control of the gimbal.

It's not intuitive. I had the same issue once.

SkyTec Ireland likes this.