Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unicredit Tower, Piazza Gae Aulenti in Milan Italy - Shot with DJI Inspire2 Drone

Reaction score

Aerial view of Piazza Gae Aulenti and surroundings, like the Regione tower. It is the tallest building in Italy.
The building was designed by architect Cesar Pelli and reached its full height on 15 October 2011 when the spire was attached. The building is the headquarters of UniCredit, Italy's largest bank by assets, and is part of a larger development of new residential and business structures in Milan's Porta Nuova district, near Porta Garibaldi railway station. The tower ranked eighth in the Emporis 2012, that rewards skyscrapers for excellence in their aesthetic and functional design.

Reactions: Hightimes
Hello, good shooting job! The combination between editing and music becomes a little boring after a minute but the shots are looking great.
Can you please share your camera settings, iso, shutter, aperture, resolution size? Also did you used any denoiser in post?

Was this flight legal at all? I am travelling to Italy soon and would like to know what's what in reality.

Hello, good shooting job! The combination between editing and music becomes a little boring after a minute but the shots are looking great.
Can you please share your camera settings, iso, shutter, aperture, resolution size? Also did you used any denoiser in post?

I kind of agree with you, but I am learning things as I go. I have an even longer one coming, but with different sceneries around Italy. As for the camera settings, quite frankly I do not recall, I am no pro, so I tend to concentrate on other things, like careful flying. I can tell you that it was in auto and that the video was not raw, nor d-log. Res was probably 3800 * 2100. No denoiser was used in post. Most of the night shots I did, as tests, were amazing, but the last one I did was very noisy and I have no idea why (I can assume ISO). Is there a decent prog. for OSX to reveal the settings? I tried MediaInfo, but I get no valuable info.

Reactions: niki
Was this flight legal at all? I am travelling to Italy soon and would like to know what's what in reality.

Mostly random. If you shoot for personal use (Not commercial) the rules are way more lax. You probably want to be careful not to bother anyone. I did run into the Police a couple of times, but they never really did anything, they very mostly curious.

Mostly random. If you shoot for personal use (Not commercial) the rules are way more lax. You probably want to be careful not to bother anyone. I did run into the Police a couple of times, but they never really did anything, they very mostly curious.

Thanks! Let's hope I have the same luck as you!

I kind of agree with you, but I am learning things as I go. I have an even longer one coming, but with different sceneries around Italy. As for the camera settings, quite frankly I do not recall, I am no pro, so I tend to concentrate on other things, like careful flying. I can tell you that it was in auto and that the video was not raw, nor d-log. Res was probably 3800 * 2100. No denoiser was used in post. Most of the night shots I did, as tests, were amazing, but the last one I did was very noisy and I have no idea why (I can assume ISO). Is there a decent prog. for OSX to reveal the settings? I tried MediaInfo, but I get no valuable info.
I'm using Adobe Lightroom for adjusting still images, there can be seen the iso,shutter and aperture setting used at the time of the shot was taken.

No it wasn't.....appears to be illegal on at least five counts. :rolleyes:
Italy Drone Laws
  • You may not fly your drone over 230 feet
  • You may not fly your drone further than 490 feet horizontally or out of visual line of sight
  • You may not carry dangerous goods on your drone
  • You may not fly your drone over populated areas, gatherings, beaches, national parks, urban areas, infrastructures, railways, highways and industrial plants
  • You must stay at least 8km away from aerodromes
  • You must only fly your drone during daylight
  • Your drone must weigh under 25kg
  • You must keep your drone 50m away from persons/property not under control of the drone operator
  • You must carry third party insurance

No it wasn't.....appears to be illegal on at least five counts. :rolleyes:
Italy Drone Laws
  • You may not fly your drone over 230 feet
  • You may not fly your drone further than 490 feet horizontally or out of visual line of sight
  • You may not carry dangerous goods on your drone
  • You may not fly your drone over populated areas, gatherings, beaches, national parks, urban areas, infrastructures, railways, highways and industrial plants
  • You must stay at least 8km away from aerodromes
  • You must only fly your drone during daylight
  • Your drone must weigh under 25kg
  • You must keep your drone 50m away from persons/property not under control of the drone operator
  • You must carry third party insurance

As usual in Italy rules are changing on a monthly basis, they are prone to wide interpretation and uncertain. That is true for almost every law in the country. For example, you cannot find agreement on wether, on the highway, you can overtake another car on the right or not, as that is now a customary practice, although, supposedly, it should be illegal. 10 years ago it was a HORRIBLE thing to do, today it's common practice, despite pages and pages of rules, interpretations, etc. The complete lack of clarity, the confusion, the wording of most laws, etc. lead to utter confusion.
When I fly P4 in the US, I have no doubt whatsoever of the limitations, in Italy you can read the rule and then keep on reading for a couple of months about interpretations. There're even interviews to the legislators aiming to understand how commas must be interpreted and those rules keep changing as well, or are in the process of being changed again. It's truly confusing. You're also referring to the PRO / Commercial rules, which are different from the consumer's rules (Lord knows why). Consumers, for example (Unless of course the rules didn't change again) DO NOT have to carry insurance. I bet that there's also a wide variety of interpretations when it comes to the definition of daylight, as it's not specified (Dawn / sunset, or how many minutes before / after that and I bet people could make arguments about the lunar phases, or the presence of led lights).
In Italy there're 50.000.000 ways to make the perfect tomato sauce, one for every Italian...In Germany probably only one. It's both the fun side and the disastrous side of the country. Residency rules are up for interpretations and you cannot find two high ranking officials giving you the same answer, in the USA those rules are ironclad.
This said, flying with caution is extremely important anywhere, rules or no rules. I hope I am getting better at that on a daily basis.
BTW, why didn't anyone make a self deploying parachute with a vertical speed sensor? It shouldn't be so complex and that SHOULD BE MANDATORY.
The market today offers pretty much expensive contraptions, rather than smart solutions. With so many drones all over the World, shouldn't that be a priority?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk