Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unsteady Hover After Small Crash - What to Check?

Reaction score
I had a small crash in my Inspire 1. The prop hit a street sign, broke, and the drone flew into some tall grass. I replaced all props and also the quick snap on plate which looked a little stressed.

Everything else on the drone feels fine. It flies great, but when sitting in hover it drifts a couple of feet in all directions including elevation.

Any recommendations in things to look at? Perhaps one of the booms is a little loose or got rotated in slightly? Maybe there's a way to check if the motor position got slightly altered?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I had a small crash in my Inspire 1. The prop hit a street sign, broke, and the drone flew into some tall grass. I replaced all props and also the quick snap on plate which looked a little stressed.

Everything else on the drone feels fine. It flies great, but when sitting in hover it drifts a couple of week in all directions including elevation.

Any recommendations in things to look at? Perhaps one of the booms is a little loose or got rotated in slightly? Maybe there's a way to check if the motor position got slightly altered?

Thanks in advance!
Always do an IMU calibration (on a cold aircraft) after any kind of crash. The accelerometers do not like sudden shocks.
Calibrate IMU and try again.

P.S. Drifting by a couple of weeks is a LONG way!!! :p

Reactions: lrh111
Always do an IMU calibration (on a cold aircraft) after any kind of crash. The accelerometers do not like sudden shocks.
Calibrate IMU and try again.

P.S. Drifting by a couple of weeks is a LONG way!!! :p

Forgot to mention that I did a full IMU calibration. I will do it again.

Also I better fix my typo, lol.

Reactions: The Editor
Look very closely at the arms and where they pivot inside on the pins for damage.

It don't take a lot to damage one

Look very closely at the arms and where they pivot inside on the pins for damage.

It don't take a lot to damage one

Ok will do. The Inspire seemed to do better this weekend after another IMU calibration on the garage floor. But still not perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk