Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Updating firmware to 1.5 - questions

Reaction score
Just want to be on the safe side before i update in order to trying to minimize the risk for failure.

I´m currently on firmware 1.4 and want to update to 1.5 to start with, i also have not done the latest RC update.
So should i do the RC update first and then the Aircraft or the other way around, or doesn't it matter? Or can i update the Aircraft without updating the RC since from what i have understood the RC update brings no good stuff anyway ?

Is the IOS GO app version 2.4.3 fully compatible with Inspire 1 Firmware 1.5?

And does the 1.5 update have any downsides compared to 1.4, has DJI changed something that is not for the better. I guess all bad changes are not written in the release notes, thats why i´m asking.

The note about "Enforced read-only access for the data in the flight recorder", does that make any difference? If i remember correct that data could not be accessed by the user anyway?

1.5 contains the update for the battery to stop it shutting down mid flight with voltage sag, no real downside to V1.5, v1.6 introduced the limiting of full power under colder conditions.

1.5 is the best bet if you don't want that limitation.

It's recommended you update everything else to the latest so controller and app and put the craft on v1.5

As for order I always do RC then craft personally.

As this does have a battery update you will need to do each one you have one at a time.

Just turn the craft on with the FW on the card with each battery in, when it's updating you will get the normal tones and you will notice the 2nd battery led go solid and the 3rd flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, the reason i thought that maybe the RC update is required to be done first is because the RC update was released first before the 1.5 Firmware, so i thought maybe the 1.5 firmware is somehow dependent on the RC update being installed in the RC at the time of the FW update?

But then i will update the RC first and then the aircraft, i hope it goes well. I´m always anxious about these FW updates.

What about the IOS GO app Version 2.4.3 does it work perfectly fine with the 1.5 firmware?

Thanks, the reason i thought that maybe the RC update is required to be done first is because the RC update was released first before the 1.5 Firmware, so i thought maybe the 1.5 firmware is somehow dependent on the RC update being installed in the RC at the time of the FW update?

But then i will update the RC first and then the aircraft, i hope it goes well. I´m always anxious about these FW updates.

What about the IOS GO app Version 2.4.3 does it work perfectly fine with the 1.5 firmware?

I don´t want to confuse you, but DJI says: 1. update aircraft 2. update Remote

Yes you are correct, i have learnt that by now. Don't remember if i did the RC update first or the Aircraft update first? It was about 8 months ago.
Haven't done anymore updates after that, still on 1.5, but if i make any i will update the craft first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin