Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Updating inspire1 problem.

Reaction score
Anyone using a Mac to upgrade their inspire 1. I am not getting the file to unzip, it is just continually archiving the zipped file I am trying to open. I am using an iMac, Doing the same thing on my Wife's MacBook Pro. Not sure how to overcome this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone using a Mac to upgrade their inspire 1. I am not getting the file to unzip, it is just continually archiving the zipped file I am trying to open. I am using an iMac, Doing the same thing on my Wife's MacBook Pro. Not sure how to overcome this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
When you download a zip on a Mac using Safari and open the file in Download you will find that it is already unzipped. Simply copy the .bin to the root directory of your MicroSD card. It is best to format the MicroSD card in the Inspire 1 card (using GO app) first - this will ensure that it works correctly. Formatting on the Mac is not recommended.

Reactions: The Editor
Just also be careful on Mac every time you download it it will add a number to the end of the file name and won't update, the name of the FW need to be exacts as downloaded and no - number on the end.

As been posted just drag from downloads to SD card no need to unzip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotflieger
Many thanks for the advice guys. I did drag the bin file to the SD card, was just dragged and dropped. I am not sure how to add toe root directory. Any info on doing this.

I formatted the card from the Go app.

I have not updated in a long time. The inspire 1 does what I need it to do, the way it is. I bought an Osmo, which I am using my inspire 1 camera on. Turns out it has to be updated to latest upgrades for the camera to work on the Osmo body.

I need to start with the 1.3.0.00 upgrade.

Cheers
Ian

Many thanks for the advice guys. I did drag the bin file to the SD card, was just dragged and dropped. I am not sure how to add toe root directory. Any info on doing this.

I formatted the card from the Go app.

I have not updated in a long time. The inspire 1 does what I need it to do, the way it is. I bought an Osmo, which I am using my inspire 1 camera on. Turns out it has to be updated to latest upgrades for the camera to work on the Osmo body.

I need to start with the 1.3.0.00 upgrade.

Cheers
Ian
Ian,
If you formatted the SD card in the Inspire you should not have any directories, or the .bin file you should be able to see in no directory, that would be the root directory.
Put the SD card in the Inspire on, only, RC off. Follow the instructions in the DJI document that comes with the upgrade, and you should be good to go

I had both inspire 1 on and controller on at same time. Will try in the morning to see if that helps. Very much appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers
Ian

When I fit the card to the USB port on the computer, I get a no name folder in the shape of the Card. When I open this there is a folder called BCIM. I dropped the bin into this folder then removed the card from the computer and put into camera. Switched on the inspire 1. Straight away I get the rear led light blinking non stop in a yellowish color.

Something still does not seem right. No bleeping at all.

Cheers
Ian

Sorry. I dont quite understand what you mean. I am taking it that the inspire would be switched off if doing this as the camera spins while calibrating. Sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

Cheers
Ian

When I fit the card to the USB port on the computer, I get a no name folder in the shape of the Card. When I open this there is a folder called BCIM. I dropped the bin into this folder then removed the card from the computer and put into camera. Switched on the inspire 1. Straight away I get the rear led light blinking non stop in a yellowish color.

Something still does not seem right. No bleeping at all.

Cheers
Ian
I don't think I can make any plainer. The .bin file goes it the top (root) folder. Opening up the card, opens it in the root directory. This is where you drag and drop the .bin file. DON'T OPEN OR PLACE IT IN ANY OTHER FOLDERS. Then eject the card, place it in the camera and power up the aircraft. The DDDD updating tones should start in about 30 secs and last upto 15 mins before the completion D-DD tones sound. The RC must not be switched on at any time during the update.

Scotflieger

I am not the most computer literate person. I have no clue what a Root directory is. Sorry if this frustrates you. If I was grasping what you were saying. I would be downloading right now.

So I have 2 cards. One I dropped the bin file in the folder, thinking that was the root directory you were talking about. obviously it is not. Both cards from a fresh Format have the same empty BCIM folder. Before reading your last post, I added the bin file to the card, not in the folder. Same result, no bleeps and a continuous flashing yellowish light at the very rear.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong if anything. I have tried both methods on 2 cards.

I am not sure about the direct cable method from the USB to the Camera. Not sure if camera has to not be connected to the inspire when doing this. Or connected but the inspire not switched on.

I have upgraded the inspire when I first got it. It seemed to work just fine then. Used the very same card. I am wondering if it is the file that might not be right.

Cheers
Ian

I am using the same iMac as you are using.

I will need to try find the cable that must have came with the Mac to connect from the USB to the camera. The camera end connector looks like it is different from most other connectors.
I have a MacBook pro with a Windows on it. Might try that route if I cant find the cable.

Cheers
Ian

Scotflieger

I am not the most computer literate person. I have no clue what a Root directory is. Sorry if this frustrates you. If I was grasping what you were saying. I would be downloading right now.

So I have 2 cards. One I dropped the bin file in the folder, thinking that was the root directory you were talking about. obviously it is not. Both cards from a fresh Format have the same empty BCIM folder. Before reading your last post, I added the bin file to the card, not in the folder. Same result, no bleeps and a continuous flashing yellowish light at the very rear.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong if anything. I have tried both methods on 2 cards.

I am not sure about the direct cable method from the USB to the Camera. Not sure if camera has to not be connected to the inspire when doing this. Or connected but the inspire not switched on.

I have upgraded the inspire when I first got it. It seemed to work just fine then. Used the very same card. I am wondering if it is the file that might not be right.

Cheers
Ian
Perhaps Ian you are not the sort of person to be thinking of using a highly technical piece of equipment like the Inspire 1. It does require a certain amount of computer knowledge and the ability to understand written instructions.

If you say that you upgraded the Inspire when you first got it and now nothing is happening, then I am not surprised. Each upgrade only needs to be applied once. If you insert a card into the camera with the same firmware then there will be no additional beeps or coloured lights. All you should see is a .txt file with the same name as the .bin file written on the card. If you open the .txt file and scroll to the bottom it you should read something like 'Aborted. Firmware is the same'.

However, if this is not the case try the following. Please ignore @slim.slamma 's comments on connecting the USB cable direct to the camera. Please follow the following idiot proof instructions.
  1. Insert your MicroSD card into your Mac. It should appear as a new device/disk with name NO NAME.
  2. Double click to open NO NAME in a new window. What you are seeing (as a window with the folder DCIM in it) is the TOP LEVEL directory or folder (also known to the root directory).
  3. Find the firmware file you downloaded called WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40.bin.
  4. Drag the WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40.bin file to the window/folder titled NO NAME. You should see the DCIM folder and the .bin sitting side-by-side. Don't put the .bin in the DCIM or any other folder.
  5. Eject the card and insert in your camera on the aircraft.
  6. Ensure RC is switched off.
  7. Power up aircraft.
  8. After 30 secs, the update tones DDDD should start. If they don't then your aircraft is already up-to-date, go to step 10.
  9. After 13-15mins, the end of the update is indicated by D-DD tone.
  10. Power down aircraft and remove the MicroSD card.
  11. Power up the RC and App and then the Aircraft.
  12. Select icon at top right of App (3 dots and 3 lines).
  13. Scroll to bottom of window and tap on About. This will list the firmware installed - please report this list.
I hope this get you sorted. If not I suggest you take it back to your dealer and get a refund.

Thanks for the further input Scotflieger.

I have done exactly as you have described above. And am not getting what you describe.

I have had the inspire 1 for just under one year now. Contrary to what you think re my lack of computer knowledge. I have many hours on the inspire with no problems what so ever, Downloading video and images. My problem was not upgrading as upgrades became available.
I live on a 2000 acre Farm. The inspire 1 is almost always flown on the Farm only. It did what I needed how it was after the first upgrade that I done. Having now bought the Osmo, it requires my X3 camera ( which will be used on the Osmo) to be upgraded to the latest upgrade.
I contacted DJI.

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Please upgrade to 1.3.0.00, after this to 1.5.0.30, then install the latest 1.6.0.40.

I cant get it to upgrade to the 1.3.0.00.

I bought the inspire 1 used with 2 hours fly time on it.

You dont need to be a computer whizz kid to fly the inspire 1. I have a Flytrex fitted in the event of a Fly away.

Cheers
Ian

@Scotflieger I'm updated but when dropping the bin to the untitled i get a grey circle with a bar
it want except. when i do it my way i get a green plus sign and it downloaded
idiot proof thats at me iansir-l hopefully you get it updated.
I'm gone pass on mud slinging sir your better then that must've have bad day
Sorry. I was trying not to further confuse Ian which further alternatives. I have spent as much time as I am willing on this subject.

Scotflieger

You done a great job explaining. I really do appreciate the time you have given.

Now I need to hold my hand up and say that when I was downloading the first version to the inspire. I didnt think that it had worked. Turns out it had worked and I was trying to re download to an already successful download. For that I apologies for wasting your time.

I have one last question. Do the batteries need to be upgraded with every new upgrade or just the RC and the inspire.

Thank you again guys. And sorry again for my failings.

Cheers
Ian
Hope you guys have a good New Year.

Thanks Slim

Looks like user error was the reason for it not working.
I did add the bin file to the card on the MacBook pro. on the Windows partition. A lot easier than the iMac have to say.

My main concern now is the 3 High mA batteries and one normal mA battery. If these need to be upgraded with each upgrade and taken from 100%-5% that will be very time consuming.

I was hoping to have the inspire 1 updated so that I can fly over the low ground on the Farm to see the devastation caused yesterday from the flooding, The torrential rain has washed away part of the road to the Farm that supported a bridge, the bridge is now got one side sitting 4ft lower than the other. My Jeep and us stranded on the other side. Major damage to water ways. 1000 of tons of stones have been washed off the hill, changing water ways and re routing rivers. Not good.

Cheers
Ian

It can be frustrating when you know what your talking about, but do not have actual hands on to sort the problem. So trying relay the info for someone that aint the best at computers can be frustrating.

No offense was taken at this end. I appreciate all that take their time to add to a cure to someones problem.

Doing the very latest upgrade now. Then if the rain is off, I will get some footage of the surrounding area.

Being that I live so remotely way up in the Hills of the Scottish Borders. I pay a lot for Satallite Broadband. £72 per month for 35 gige of usage.
If I had the luxury of fibre optic Broadband with 100meg download speed, instead of my current 4 meg shared with 49 other people. I would have lots of good video to put up on Youtube. Currently a picture is as good as it gets. due to Broadband usage being so low.

Cheers
Ian

I now have my inspire updated to 1.6.00.40 but the RC is still at 1.5.70. Is this normal.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Cheers
Ian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell