Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Updating the RC and AC

Reaction score
Evening folks! I have just received my Inspire 1 and received the notice on the app that I need to update the aircraft, controller, and battery. I have followed all of the instructions on the firmware download sheet, and I have read almost every single post on this forum from people who have had nothing but trouble installing the updates. I have the "GL###B" version of the controller....if that helps. The following steps are what I have completed to no avail:

1. Bought a brand new microSD card and formatted it FAT32. Downloaded the latest firmware from the DJI website and unzipped the file to the microSD card. Deleted the .txt files per recommendations from other posts. Installed the microSD card into the camera on the Inspire and turned the aircraft on. I get the initial 4 beeps and then.....nothing.....for about an hour. No finishing beeps.....nothing. The rear taillight flashed rapidly during the entire process. BTW - how do I find out what version of firmware is currently in the aircraft?

2. Bought a brand new thumb drive and formatted it FAT32. Downloaded the latest firmware from the DJI website and unzipped the file to the thumb drive. Installed the thumb drive into the back of the remote controller and powered it up per the instructions. No blue light...nothing. The red light stayed lit the entire time until I shut it off. NOTE - the aircraft was off during this process.

3. I have tried to update the controller with the current version installed (1.2.##), thinking I could go to 1.3 from there....no joy. Same for aircraft.

I have contemplated Aviator's process of reseting the RC, but am leery of it.

Does ANYONE...have any idea what I should do next??? I am at a complete loss.

Cheers!

Tim

Hi Tim,

Not the best of starts but hopefully just something simple.

What firmware is currently installed in the aircraft? The problem may be to do with trying to jump an update.

The latest firmware is 1.4.0.10 (file is WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin) so if your aircraft and RC have 1.2.1.06 then try updating to 1.3.0.00 first.

If you're already at 1.3.0.00 then check/try the following:

- Battery charge is 50% or more
- The firmware update file is in the root directory of the SD card, not in any sub-folders.
- All .txt files have been deleted (another may have been created when you tried the last update).
- Insert SD card into camera.
- Check the RC is OFF (important)
- Switch on aircraft.

If it still won't work then delete the update file from the SD card and then within the GO app re-format the card from there. Repeat above and see if that works.

Good luck.

Look in the "About" section of the App to see what existing firmware is being reported and let us know what you find..

Look in the "About" section of the App to see what existing firmware is being reported and let us know what you find..

Thanks...I sure will when I get off work today.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Not the best of starts but hopefully just something simple.

What firmware is currently installed in the aircraft? The problem may be to do with trying to jump an update.

The latest firmware is 1.4.0.10 (file is WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin) so if your aircraft and RC have 1.2.1.06 then try updating to 1.3.0.00 first.

If you're already at 1.3.0.00 then check/try the following:

- Battery charge is 50% or more
- The firmware update file is in the root directory of the SD card, not in any sub-folders.
- All .txt files have been deleted (another may have been created when you tried the last update).
- Insert SD card into camera.
- Check the RC is OFF (important)
- Switch on aircraft.

If it still won't work then delete the update file from the SD card and then within the GO app re-format the card from there. Repeat above and see if that works.

Good luck.

Will do Simon! I'll let you know how that works.

Thanks!

Tim

Aviator and Simon:

Thanks to the both of you for steering me in the right direction. The firmware before the upgrade was as I thought....RC - v1.2.## and AC - 1.2.##. I was able to get right on-line with a person on DJI's chat function and he walked me through step-by-step what I needed to do. Everything is updated now. I will post all of the info the tech told me about for the other pilots out there. Some interesting information...

Tim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD