Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USB port issue

Reaction score
Hi guys,
finally i had my own problem with my RC usb port.
It does not communicate with my devices (Nexus7 and Samsung S4 mini) as it did since yesterday.

I tried to update firmware to 1.3 before 1.4 .... the aircraft went ok but the RC does not work.
I cannot access through DJI Go as it does not allow to enter camera view and through a usb stick the rc blinks for a while than it turns off by itself.

After that... still no access to camera view from DJI Go.

I've read a number of similar threads but I'm still not have a solution.... any suggestion?

Yes, the problem is that my RC does not accept the USB pen... the controller starts beeping and after few minutes it powers off by itself

Try a pen drive and thumb drive with different sd cards to try and update your rc to 1.3...
hopefully your ac is on 1.3 if not revert to 1.3 and the connect the rc to the back of the camera and try it that way..
imo the only way to avoid sending it in to dji is to get it to update 1.3...
if you've read similar threads you know I'm dealing with the same issue and heli-insane was able to fix his and avoid dji la..doesn't know how lucky he got..lol..
Chow..turbo...

The AC is 1.3 as I was still with the previous version.
The strange thing is that with the same memory card the slave updated (to 1.3).
That's the reason why I think it's the usb port on the master rc

Do you think it could be safe to fly with the master (without the DJI go app connected) and the second operator using DJI GO app on the slave? The rc commands are fine the only problem is the usb port/dji go

Ya probably so..as long as the ac is connected to the rc (which mine was)
I think you need to update your master to 1.3 by connecting it to the ac .. it might take a few attempts. .
when you get your rc to 1.3 I believe the go app will work..
Do you think it could be safe to fly with the master (without the DJI go app connected) and the second operator using DJI GO app on the slave? The rc commands are fine the only problem is the usb port/dji

While connecting the rc to the ac the sd card in the camera should have the firmware file in the root directory?
If yes does the ac begin the update process?

Hi guys,
finally i had my own problem with my RC usb port.
It does not communicate with my devices (Nexus7 and Samsung S4 mini) as it did since yesterday.

I tried to update firmware to 1.3 before 1.4 .... the aircraft went ok but the RC does not work.
I cannot access through DJI Go as it does not allow to enter camera view and through a usb stick the rc blinks for a while than it turns off by itself.

After that... still no access to camera view from DJI Go.

I've read a number of similar threads but I'm still not have a solution.... any suggestion?
Sorry to hear about your RC!

Mine arrived like that - wouldn't connect to my iPad, wouldn't connect to a borrowed Android phone, wouldn't update firmware... wouldn't even light up the LED of the card reader I was using for the firmware update.

I ended up having to send it in to DJI, who repaired it under warranty. I heard elsewhere that the USB port is notoriously unreliable.

Thank you for all your suggestions.... I've found the reason and I think sharing it could solve other similar situation.
The simple reason was that the controller was not FULLY charged. It was almost 50/60%...

Reactions: turbodronepilot
That's nuts man..
glad you got it sorted out...
thanks for the update. ..
turbo. .
Yeah,
the new thing for me was to realize that even the charging level is between 2 or 3 dots the usb port could not work well with external devices such as tablet or phones

Anyone knows if the hdmi module for phantom3 pro/adv - Part 54 is the same hdmi/usb module of inspire 1? the usb port in the inspire 1 doesn´t works anymore, and I need to change it. I did a test changing the module of my other remote control and works with no issues, so I´m sure it´s a hardware problem. I saw the pictures of the hdmi module for phantom 3 and looks like the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shipjoy