Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Used Inspire Purchase Advice

Reaction score
Website
droneadventuresltd.com
BOUGHT ONE!!! I'm looking at a used Inspire 1 v2 package that has 24 hours with 144 flights. says no crashes or hard landings.

What's your advice? Anything in particular I should look at or be concerned with? Some of my other aircraft have 15+ hours and they're like new. Just know "NaDa" about the Inspire.

Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum - I would ask what the unit was primarily used for and it what kind of environment it was typically used in. I've seen guys bring units in that they constantly flew at the beach, literally dried up salt water on the body and sand in all areas of the unit.

Not always easy to prove a unit's real age and wear and tear. Ask for high res images of the landing gear, feet and a close up of the plastic landing gear screw mechanism where the arms each on each side and inspect for any visual damage/scrapes. A thorough visual check on the photos they provide are really the best you can do. Complete payment through PayPal if you can so you are protected if they send you a dead, smashed bird. Best of luck! ;)

Reactions: jlrsn
I'm looking at a used Inspire 1 v2 package that has 24 hours with 144 flights. says no crashes or hard landings.

What's your advice? Anything in particular I should look at or be concerned with? Some of my other aircraft have 15+ hours and they're like new. Just know "NaDa" about the Inspire.

Thanks
In addition to the advice above, make sure the bearings are running smooth and if possible hover the aircraft for a couple of minutes, then immediately land and make sure none of the motors feel hotter/warmer than any of the others - a sign the bearings need replacing.
Additionally, carefully inspect the external screws/bolt heads for sign of corrosion/crust, this would be a sign that the aircraft has been used around salty conditions.

In addition to the advice above, make sure the bearings are running smooth and if possible hover the aircraft for a couple of minutes, then immediately land and make sure none of the motors feel hotter/warmer than any of the others - a sign the bearings need replacing.
Additionally, carefully inspect the external screws/bolt heads for sign of corrosion/crust, this would be a sign that the aircraft has been used around salty conditions.
Question Sir? Is this something you can do just by touch or should I use some type of electronic/digital thermometer?

Question Sir? Is this something you can do just by touch or should I use some type of electronic/digital thermometer?
Can usually be done just touching the motor with your finger. You are only trying to locate whether one motor is running hotter than the others by comparison.
Make sure you do it though the second the aircraft lands as the motor housing will cool quite quickly.
Usually takes around 5 seconds or so to check all four by hand (finger).
An early sign of a bearing going bad is nearly always heat build up before it shows signs of noise or rattle - better to catch them early.

Reactions: John Archer
Can usually be done just touching the motor with your finger. You are only trying to locate whether one motor is running hotter than the others by comparison.
Make sure you do it though the second the aircraft lands as the motor housing will cool quite quickly.
Usually takes around 5 seconds or so to check all four by hand (finger).
An early sign of a bearing going bad is nearly always heat build up before it shows signs of noise or rattle - better to catch them early.
Thank you Sir!! I will do exactly as you instructed on my next flight. Thank You again for your time and patience!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez