Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Usefull apps for uav opperation?

I have been known to check Flightradar24 (Android & IOS) before I fly near especially near airports. It gives you flight height in real time and shows not only the big boys, but helicopters and smaller aircraft as well. A quick check will show if any aircraft heading your way.
Bloody handy when you are not flying (going on holidays or picking someone up from an airport) as well...

I have been known to check Flightradar24 (Android & IOS) before I fly near especially near airports. It gives you flight height in real time and shows not only the big boys, but helicopters and smaller aircraft as well. A quick check will show if any aircraft heading your way.
Bloody handy when you are not flying (going on holidays or picking someone up from an airport) as well...
Do you use the paid or the freebie version?

Do you use the paid or the freebie version?
Editor, Normally I spring for the paid versions of all my apps, as it supports the developers and saves me seeing annoying adds, however with Flightradar24 the free version has no adds. The only thing I paid for was in the in-app purchase section, where I paid for the Arrival & departure boards. A well worth addition as it will give you all the times of the arrivals & departures of the nominated airport.
Cheers...

It gives you flight height in real time and shows not only the big boys, but helicopters and smaller aircraft as well

The app is worthless for us inspire guys.
It may show heli's and "smaller" aircraft, (whatever smaller means), but is only shows them flying in and out of big airports, (smaller airports not at all).

I live by a smaller airport that Lear Jets can fly in and out of, but they do not show up on the app. Tried it, but was disappointed.
(Lear Jets show up into and out of O'Hare, but not around here) :(

Does anyone have a particular Flight Log app that they like? Or an App that covers all the details for complying with 333 Exemptions, NOTAM's, maintenance log etc.

I've started using "Hover" and like it!

Have a couple of sites that give current info on Special Use Airspace such as military operations areas (MOA's) and military training routes (MTR's).

Special Use Airspace & Air Traffic Control Assigned Airspace

Use the "Graphic Map" tab on the top and modify with "Map Layers" on the right for your area. Give it some time to load. The "Text List" at the top can be used to further refine specific MOA's and MTR's for altitudes and times. Lots of other info available-would suggest cross referencing with a VFR sectional chart or skyvector.com, vfrmap.com, etc for your area.

Another site for updated SUA/MOA/MTR info is:
See And Avoid -See and Avoid

Ask if you need specifics on MOA's or MTR's. I'll be glad to help.

Last edited:
What should be an acceptable magnetic field value in order to calibrate compass? Thanks for all the info!

DJI No Fly Zone Site (referenced in-app)
No FLY Zones | DJI

Hover (is it safe to fly, no fly zones and more)
Hover - #1 Drone and UAV pilot app! on the App Store

Local Magnetic Field Check (check before takeoff and ALWAYS before calibrating compass):
Magnetic Detector! on the App Store

UAV Forecast (mentioned above but excellent):
UAV Weather Forecast

If you mean MOD value for compass, 1400-1600 is the generally acceptable range. Mine typically sits around 1500.

Well the app puts it in "teslas" (ut) and I always get around 400-500 teslas... Wonder if this is acceptable for calibration...

If you mean MOD value for compass, 1400-1600 is the generally acceptable range. Mine typically sits around 1500.
put

I thought this would make a good thread for useful apps for uav pilots.

Iam thinking information that would be useful in the field when about to fly.

Such as weather apps for real local conditions.
Sun flare activity.
A good one to find would be away of measuring radio interference.in the area.
One that id's nearest telecommunication towers etc.

Basically anything that can make our pre flight checks more valuable.

Haven't tried it, but this sort of thing
Interference Hunter on the App Store
That's great..I just have bought UAV done through Drone For Sale - Highly Recommended & Popular Drones and looking forward to try this thing out....

Hey guys what's the best app for surveying/mapping such as leases, boundarys etc. for inspire 1, any info would be appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters