Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Using the old prop locks on new quick release

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered. I have quick release props and purchase some old ones based on comments here. I also purchased the metal prop mounting bases. How do I mount the old props on the new quick release bases?

Thanks

Sorry if this has been answered. I have quick release props and purchase some old ones based on comments here. I also purchased the metal prop mounting bases. How do I mount the old props on the new quick release bases?

Thanks
If you mean the old style props that spin onto the threaded motor spindles, You have to remove the quick release mounts and springs by unscrewing the two screws that they are attached by, and set aside the two screws base and springs for possible future reinstall. Then just spin on the correct props for each motor and fit the safety locks if you have them.

Last edited:
I remember reading the preferred props were the old spin on types. There was a topic regarding failures of the QR props. I thought some were using a combo of the two.

Is the consensus still to use the old style spin on types with locks?

Thanks again.

Reactions: Cjvw
I use the old spin on type without the locks. They aren't needed if you properly tighten the props. Some people weren't getting them tight since the motors spin so easy, you have to hold them with one hand so they don't turn and tighten prop with the other. Ive had no prop issues ever, been flying nearly a year.

I remember reading the preferred props were the old spin on types. There was a topic regarding failures of the QR props. I thought some were using a combo of the two.

Is the consensus still to use the old style spin on types with locks?

Thanks again.
I have only used the quick release props, my inspire had the quick release mounts already fitted (D version) and I have not had any problems up to now. The old screw on props had problems that could have been due to not being tightened down fully, it would be good practice to use the safety clips on the screw down props, then there is no possibility of them becoming unscrewed during use. Lots of comments re both types on this forum. At least you have the choice.

If you want to your the self-tightening props and you currently have QR Props, just remove the QR mount. See those two screws, remove them and now you can attach the self-tightening props. Make sure you use the prop locks. Just in case, you cannot use the prop locks with the QR props.

................at this point. It's a matter of choice. My Inspire 1 came with QR props and that's what I've been using. I know that I run the risk of them falling off which i really can't see how since I check everything prior to each flight and have on occasion tighten the screws that contain the QR attachment onto the motor...but you just never know. As long as your careful and diligent in your pre-flight checks you should be okay...but like I said, you just never know what may happen once you are off the ground. That's why it's always best to take-off and stay about 4-5 feet of the ground for about a minute to make sure nothing falls off on the initial take-off. Once you feel comfortable, let her rip. Happy flying!!! Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth