Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Utah lawmakers vote to let authorities disable drones near wildfires

"Vickers said that fire officials and law enforcement officers are expected to use jamming signals to crash the drones." YIKES!

Not sure, but I think this will need the signoff of the FAA to do this -- am I right?

As I mentioned in another thread today there are several wildfires in southern Utah that have had air operations halted do to drones. Not once but more like four times. If these are actual drone sightings, and I have my doubt, then they need to catch the guy and prosecute to send a message. But, as I said, I have my doubts about these being actual drone sightings.

At much beyond a half mile you may see something but there's zero chance you could identify it and at that distance a Hawk is a drone. This is wilderness area so for the drone operator to get the drone near them he would have to be within a few miles and as the place is wilderness he'd stand out like a sore thumb. If this were an actual drone I'm pretty sure they'd have caught him already.

So, I don't know with certainty but my guess is this is yet another round of drone hysteria and in this case the cost is in the thousands for air operations.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan