Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

I'm interested...signed up for an invite. I have the Zenmuse X5...is this compatible?

Here is a link to my demo....Thanks!

Sweet, thanks! I believe I signed up for both... I just looked, and didn't receive the Android link. I do prefer flying with my iPad though, and can wait a few days. Thanks again in advance. Also after a few days of testing I'd really like to give feedback face to face. I'm in Southwest San Jose.

Thanks ! That would be excellent. We'd love to meet you, get your feedback and maybe go flying as well :)

Reactions: Eric
I'm interested...signed up for an invite. I have the Zenmuse X5...is this compatible?

Here is a link to my demo....Thanks!

That's an awesome demo reel! Thanks for signing up. We've actually not tested with a X5R but I'd be curious to see if it works with your X5. The control commands on both gimbals should theoretically be the same.

Thanks for pointing this out. As a Beta tester request, we're asking the community to give us a chance with this early and partially baked version of the app. It's free for all beta testers and we ask that you understand the risks involved with any beta product before choosing to sign up. We assume no liability on this part. We've done a lot of testing but there's always a chance that you'll see some unexpected behavior in the app. That being said - we only control the Inspire gimbal and it's highly unlikely that your drone's flight will have any issues because of the app. And if you do notice anything amiss you can instantly switch to either "P" or "A" mode to regain full control of the aircraft. DJI only allows apps to function in "F" mode.

I hope that answers your questions and alleviates your concerns! Feel free to message me for anything else as well.

Thanks!
Neil
[email protected]

Thanks for clarifying that Neil.
I like the idea of the app only having control of the gimbal with motion tracking being used for the focus of the subject and leaving the flying to the pilot.
Sounds great for one man operations.
I will sign up for the iOS beta.

Thanks.

Signed up for both. Looks like a really nice app. Can't wait to test it out. I just hope the weather clears up here in Milton Keynes, UK. [emoji3]

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Thanks for clarifying that Neil.
I like the idea of the app only having control of the gimbal with motion tracking being used for the focus of the subject and leaving the flying to the pilot.
Sounds great for one man operations.
I will sign up for the iOS beta.

Thanks.
Thanks! I hope you enjoy the experience! And please do let me know what you think of it once you do start testing :)

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the experience! And please do let me know what you think of it once you do start testing :)
Neil - a couple of points.
The concept of the app is great and I look forward to trying it out. However, does the screen shown any kind of telemetry data? I am particularly thinking about battery/cell levels, GPS status, and distance and height data.
Is there a recording indicator (flashing red button etc?)
Another point - on the Inspire, I assume the app DOES NOT control the craft in any way like the Phantom version since yaw can be achieved through the gimbal? What happens when the gimbal reaches its end stops? Is there any kind of message displayed on the app?

Many thanks ...... You will probably get a lot more questions, sorry in advance for that. :)

Neil - a couple of points.
The concept of the app is great and I look forward to trying it out. However, does the screen shown any kind of telemetry data? I am particularly thinking about battery/cell levels, GPS status, and distance and height data.
Is there a recording indicator (flashing red button etc?)
Another point - on the Inspire, I assume the app DOES NOT control the craft in any way like the Phantom version since yaw can be achieved through the gimbal? What happens when the gimbal reaches its end stops? Is there any kind of message displayed on the app?

Many thanks ...... You will probably get a lot more questions, sorry in advance for that. :)

Great questions ! We've kept the app fairly simple for now and we'll start adding telemetry data if we get enough requests to do so. Currently we have all the absolutely essential information like GPS/ IMU status, and battery life. We didn't want to clutter the screen right away so we're going to be very careful with what we add to our screen real estate :)

Your second point has been a question of debate in the team for a while :) What do you think ? Should the drone yaw to "unwind" the gimbal ? Or should we just notify ? Yawing the drone is fine but it may feel unnatural to fly with if we randomly start yawing the inspire whenever it gets to the gimbal limit. There's a button in the app that lets you recenter the gimbal when you're wound up so maybe that will be enough ?

Great questions ! We've kept the app fairly simple for now and we'll start adding telemetry data if we get enough requests to do so. Currently we have all the absolutely essential information like GPS/ IMU status, and battery life. We didn't want to clutter the screen right away so we're going to be very careful with what we add to our screen real estate :)

Your second point has been a question of debate in the team for a while :) What do you think ? Should the drone yaw to "unwind" the gimbal ? Or should we just notify ? Yawing the drone is fine but it may feel unnatural to fly with if we randomly start yawing the inspire whenever it gets to the gimbal limit. There's a button in the app that lets you recenter the gimbal when you're wound up so maybe that will be enough ?
How about a flashing red border on the screen with/or audible warning saying something like "Warning, approaching gimbal yaw limit".
This could trigger when there is say 90 degrees of travel or less left in a particular direction.
Also can centering the gimbal be mapped to C1 or C2 buttons (more user friendly)

Reactions: AndrewH
How about a flashing red border on the screen with/or audible warning saying something like "Warning, approaching gimbal yaw limit".
This could trigger when there is say 90 degrees of travel or less left in a particular direction.
Also can centering the gimbal be mapped to C1 or C2 buttons (more user friendly)

Good, idea. Right now "Cancel Tracking" is mapped to C2.

ooo!
PJ here from Vertical :). That's a great idea. We'll look into this ASAP.

Reactions: AndrewH
ooo!
PJ here from Vertical :). That's a great idea. We'll look into this ASAP.
Hi PJ,
Also, with regards to telemetry, I totally get that you want the screen to look as clean as possible, however, many of us on the forum operate commercially and as such we are bound by certain restrictions in height agl and distance from the operator. Although these limits can be set in the DJI Go app and stored on the aircraft without this info displayed the pilot has no real way of knowing how near to operational limits they are.
Just a thought......

Hi PJ,
Also, with regards to telemetry, I totally get that you want the screen to look as clean as possible, however, many of us on the forum operate commercially and as such we are bound by certain restrictions in height agl and distance from the operator. Although these limits can be set in the DJI Go app and stored on the aircraft without this info displayed the pilot has no real way of knowing how near to operational limits they are.
Just a thought......

Yes, I totally understand! We'll try and quickly investigate what these restrictions are. What if we flash a warning (and the actual numerical restriction being violated) if you get close to it? But otherwise keep it blank?

Yes, I totally understand! We'll try and quickly investigate what these restrictions are. What if we flash a warning (and the actual numerical restriction being violated) if you get close to it? But otherwise keep it blank?
That's fine - I'm not sure if the SDK will allow you to pick up on whats been set via the Dji Go app for distance limit. If it does then you could flash up a warning at a pre determined (or user settable) distance from the set limit.

Hi Inspire Pilots,

We’re Vertical, a start-up in the Bay Area and we're looking for beta testers for our app Vertical Studio.

One of our biggest problems with aerial video was that filming landscapes and panoramas is easy, but filming close-up shots of stuff in action is ridiculously complicated. Only the most professional studios with large drones and camera crews seem to be able to film those sweet complex action shots.

So we've built Vertical Studio. An app for DJI Inspire and Phantom 3 that lets you film all those difficult tracking shots with a simple touch interface. How do we do it ? Well, we use some nifty computer vision software we’ve been building for over a year and pack it all into your Android or iOS device so you can auto-track anything your drone sees - without any GPS or tracking beacons. Just click on stuff in your video feed and let Vertical Studio handle the rest.

The best way to explain Vertical Studio is probably with this video.

If you’re interested in beta testing, we’d love it if you could head over to our website (Vertical - EPIC Aerial Filming) and take a minute to sign-up for either the Android or iOS beta. It will help us better manage our beta tests. The Android beta is available now, but the iOS beta should be ready in a few days.

And if you have any questions or initial thoughts about Vertical Studio, do let us know in the forum or email us at [email protected].

Cheers!
Neil
www.vertical.ai

Yesterday I signed up for both iOS and Android.
If added to THE Beta test group I'am going to test it with my Ispire Pro with X5. Hope to get THE links for downloadwinkel THE apps soon.

Thanks in advanced

Not so sure, but was thinking about this last night during a bought of insomnia... Will this work with the Osmo...??? I mean how different could it be. Was just curious as i will be using the Osmo a lot this winter along with the i1, and if this is possible, then any kind of snowboard and ski videos take on a whole new meaning...!

I'am waiting, after reguested throughout THE website, if I may joi THE Beta test group so I dan test THE app with my Inspore Pro X5. If added to THE group I also Will try it with my Osmo en see what happens. Should be great if iT wil work on THE Osmo. Let you know when I can

Reactions: Neil Mathew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44