Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Very disappointed with Inspire 2

Reaction score
Hello Guys. So I did some flights with the Inspire 2 and have to say I am seriously disappointed. Very disappointed !

It does fly nice and stable, and havent tested the camera yet properly.

BUT:

-Horizon tilt, although not very much, but still !
-Less than 12 mins flight time down to 35%, and that with an X4s !!! Including 4 min hovering. 4 batteries the same, (from differnt suppliers/charges) so it was not a bad set.
-Max speed 92 kmh. (No wind and in sport mode) Inspire 1 does same or better.
-After 2 km aircraft disconnect (2.4GHZ), in open field. Inspire 1 does in same spot 4 km with no problem.
-After 1.3 km aircraft disconnect (5.8GHZ), in open field.

So far, very unhappy. And I dont even suffer from all the problems others have reported.

Very poor after 2 years of development. 5,000 EUR plus, its a joke.IMG_6114.JPGIMG_6115.JPG

Hello Guys. So I did some flights with the Inspire 2 and have to say I am seriously disappointed. Very disappointed !

BUT:

-Less than 12 mins flight time down to 35%, and that with an X4s !!! Including 4 min hovering. 4 batteries the same, (from differnt suppliers/charges) so it was not a bad set.
-After 2 km aircraft disconnect (2.4GHZ), in open field. Inspire 1 does in same spot 4 km with no problem.

So far, very unhappy. And I dont even suffer from all the problems others have reported.

Very poor after 2 years of development. 5,000 EUR plus, its a joke.View attachment 11936View attachment 11937

i think the batteries will last longer after some use.
a lot of people will break in the batteries by flying about 10 flights down to 50% or so, and not doing any long punch outs or full throttle runs.

Reactions: Bryan Conover
I´ve got 5 charges on the batteries now. And the last flight I did (today) got 14 minutes to 46%with mixed flying, almost no wind.

BUT:

Very poor after 2 years of development. 5,000 EUR plus, its a joke.View attachment 11936View attachment 11937

Would be interesting to know if your batteries where fully charged before take off?
Since I am still breaking in my batteries I only run them down to 50% and I still get 12 1/2 minutes before hitting 50%, that is with a X5S.
As for camera, did you calibrate the gimbal, also you can adjust in flight via RC.

Reactions: Dejan Smaic
there is something wrong with ur flight time...
i try fly around with x5s i can get 20minit till 15% battery left for me rth...

my advice contact dji.. and send back the unit.. and they will ask u do a video or picture for the problem..

Looks like I'll hold my I2 Purchase for now, nothing but complaints
Me too, I've had 2,5 years of constant testing, upgrading, testing, downgrading, testing, upgrading again etc., with the I1 and I am pretty tired of it. Finally we will get some rest and stability with our I1's and I'm planning to enjoy that for a long time. I'm definitely not looking forward to another 2 years of weekly 'up'grades.

People tend to spend more time talking about issues and negatives than all of the great experiences... I Love my Inspire 2 - I have the red props loose rattle and the landing gear issue but they both have work arounds until DJI updates firmware and props... Bird flies amazingly well, very stable and responsive and the X5S is an incredible camera to say the very least... There were/are complaints with I1 and P4 but both still good birds, people are always going to complain but sometimes we have to be willing to take a little risk if we are going to experience the reward...

People tend to spend more time talking about issues and negatives than all of the great experiences... I Love my Inspire 2 - I have the red props loose rattle and the landing gear issue but they both have work arounds until DJI updates firmware and props... Bird flies amazingly well, very stable and responsive and the X5S is an incredible camera to say the very least... There were/are complaints with I1 and P4 but both still good birds, people are always going to complain but sometimes we have to be willing to take a little risk if we are going to experience the reward...

yeap... add me in .. i happy with both of my bird... :)

20170203_195129.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DaddyDe

BUT:

Less than 12 minutes flight time? I'm getting over 24 minutes in 36 degree F temps. Are you sure you're not using an Inspire 1 or have fully charged batteries? :)

You're only looking at a pixal of the whole picture. If I were to base life on this forum, I'd jump off a cliff. In the limited test flights I've had before I start providing services with the Inspire 2, I have been amazed by it's improvements over the Inspire 1. So far, I give two thumbs up!

Reactions: Viper Pilot
Hello- I've been liking mine so far.

I can see why you'd be discouraged. I would give it a little more time. I saw the battery readout page that it had "0" times charged. Charge a couple of more times. Also the image seems to show a low cloud ceiling which can affect transmission.

Maybe give it a little more time before you sell it. Or not.

Cheers.

BUT:

Thank you, thank you for the information. I'm just curious to know where you live. i.e. What is your elevation? And what was the temperature that day? I imagine it was cool, yes? These are just semantics for my own information. Thanx, again, for the comprehensive report.

Regarding the "battery breakin" comment. That's interesting. I've personally not noticed that I had to break in any of my Inspire 1 batteries (TB47 and TB48(x3)). With the exception of the original battery arriving DOA, I've had very good luck with them throughout their entire life. I have about 30 flights on 3 of the batteries and 40 flights on one of them. I will say, I DO take good care of them. Sorry....didn't mean to turn this into a battery thread...

D

So true, I agree. I hate most of the posts in these forums. Phantom forums are a lot worst to. People make the most stupid points possible and what DJI should do lol.

Reactions: DaddyDe
I had a Phantom four from when it first was released in Australia learnt to fly on that then sold it and brought a Mavic Pro an Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 and the Z3 cameras and the Inspire 2 with the X5S and touch wood I have not had one issue with any of my craft and to date I have flown approx 1500 klms combined with them and as for the Inspire 2's battery life I get between 23 and 25 mins flight time depending on wind and flight characteristics, unless you have faulty batteries the only way I could imagine only getting 12 mins flight time was if you were only putting one battery in and that according to DJI is a no no.

Kind of glad i had to wait for some bucks to buy...still on p4p and i1raw.. but set around and dream of buying my I2 when my quartly retirement comes in. Just finished up a s800 with lightbridge 2, N3 and z15.. wondering if i should stay with it now.. cheap batteries! Gh4 and redunency .....
On the batteries what is your temp and how long since charging them.. i get 25-28 on my p4p and it was 30 degrees F yesterday.. the time before it was much less but they must had partially self discharged as it was several days since charge althoughi they still showed 4 bars??

Reactions: Planter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk