Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Very disappointed with Inspire 2

I won't deny the I1 still needs a bit of work but acts mostly what it could be and not really issues that keep me grounded. I feel pretty confident flying it.
Does anyone have any experience shielding the inspire from electromagnetic interference?

What frequencies?? Unless you have some shielding that attenuates outside of 2.4 and 5.8 ghz.
If you try to shield it, you will degrade its link to the controller.
Not a good idea.

Why would shielding the flight controller cause issues with reception?
You didn't specify Flight Controller - you just said Inspire.
The FC contains the MEMS gyros and accelerometers and CPU so it would make more sense to shield the receiver. However, these are already pretty well shielded using grounded shrouds and the FHSS packet technology with parity checks are fairly immune to interference.
Not sure what you are trying to achieve unless it's ATEX level in which case the Inspire is not the platform for harsh environments.

Reactions: Mike Harmon
You didn't specify Flight Controller - you just said Inspire.
The FC contains the MEMS gyros and accelerometers and CPU so it would make more sense to shield the receiver. However, these are already pretty well shielded using grounded shrouds and the FHSS packet technology with parity checks are fairly immune to interference.
Not sure what you are trying to achieve unless it's ATEX level in which case the Inspire is not the platform for harsh environments.

+1
Looks like trying to fix something that is not broken.
Could fly inside a big faraday cage I guess......as long as the controller is inside too:D and minus gps

Reactions: deltalimatango
No not fixing something that is not broken. We have a set of power lines in the woods where we ride our quads that emit a boatload of interference. It has not happened to me but my buddies quad flew away while crossing over them. At some point he regained control but on the way back had the same problem. Just figured I would add a layer of protection

I am loving my I2-X5S!
Beautiful footage.
None of the issues posted on the forums except two:
1) Lumix 14-42mm lens keeps randomly showing "not detected" on DJIGO4
2) Dual Batteries only last 20min to 15% (elevation=30M above sea level; Temp=65F/18C; Humidity=65%; Wind=calm)
I think my battery life is a little better than the 3 tests (indoor, outdoor, hover) done by Alex of WeTalkUAV here-

Ultimate Inspire 2 Battery series - YouTube

How do you like the lens? I'm thinking of using it as primary but people say it won't be as clear as fixed lens. Any preference over the olympus one?

How do you like the lens? I'm thinking of using it as primary but people say it won't be as clear as fixed lens. Any preference over the olympus one?

I would always choose a prime lens over a zoom unless I needed the flexibility of zoom within a flight in well lit areas only. I think it will be very good for inspections and capturing stills. I'm skeptical it will ever be my preference for motion shots. I have yet to put it to the full test due to the issues mentioned above during my last flight. But my experience with the Oly 14-42 on the I1 leads me to believe it has a limited use case.

What type of shots are most common for you?

I would always choose a prime lens over a zoom unless I needed the flexibility of zoom within a flight in well lit areas only. I think it will be very good for inspections and capturing stills. I'm skeptical it will ever be my preference for motion shots. I have yet to put it to the full test due to the issues mentioned above during my last flight. But my experience with the Oly 14-42 on the I1 leads me to believe it has a limited use case.

What type of shots are most common for you?

Quite universal, mostly fancy cinematic shots that I film for certain small convention which name I will not mention, they have parade and last year the problem with me not being able to zoom in on costume parade felt like a huge missed opportunity. I'm not able to get very close with the drone for safety reasons of course. I always film with daylight so if anything I'll get other fixed/prime lens later on for low-light and such.

I´ve got 5 charges on the batteries now. And the last flight I did (today) got 14 minutes to 46%with mixed flying, almost no wind.
It appears that it may be cold weather where you are. DJI makes it very clear in their literature that if the batteries preheat, and maintain heating, flight time will be reduced. I agree with the post above that breaking in the batteries is a good idea.

People who are buying the Inspire 2 expecting Inspire 1 performance are going to be extremely disappointed. I bought this bird for one reason and one reason only, 5.2 K Raw in ProRes. #GameChanger

After two months I love my I2 ... however been real nice if my X5r and ssd card would go on it. Just no excuse for this situation. The X4s is very nice and has a way better pic than any X5 due to data rates. Put my X5r on my Matrice so it worked out.

Reactions: DaddyDe
After two months I love my I2 ... however been real nice if my X5r and ssd card would go on it. Just no excuse for this situation. The X4s is very nice and has a way better pic than any X5 due to data rates. Put my X5r on my Matrice so it worked out.
Did you buy the licences for the RAW codecs when you purchased the X5S & SSD because you need 1 or both of the licences to be able to use the SSD?. Just a thought.

Have it 2weeks
I'm in love!!!!
Getting flight time with X5s that never dreamed with my inspire 1
Every product has issues when it came out and to be honest ...
Is there any other options???
DJI became apple!!!

Did you buy the licences for the RAW codecs when you purchased the X5S & SSD because you need 1 or both of the licences to be able to use the SSD?. Just a thought.
No i didnt, the X4r doesnt have access to facilities that the licenses open nor am i going to pay for it. The X4r using the .mov is very good and efficient. The point is the X5s takes the whole game from a $3600 to $10k which is just plain stupid imho unless you are making big money... i have the x5r on my I1 which cost 4k plus and that is enough! Not falling for that again.

People tend to spend more time talking about issues and negatives than all of the great experiences... I Love my Inspire 2 - I have the red props loose rattle and the landing gear issue but they both have work arounds until DJI updates firmware and props... Bird flies amazingly well, very stable and responsive and the X5S is an incredible camera to say the very least... There were/are complaints with I1 and P4 but both still good birds, people are always going to complain but sometimes we have to be willing to take a little risk if we are going to experience the reward...

So true. I can't remember the last: "I really love my I2" thread. Most people can't be bothered to state how happy they are with their devices. I for one am ecstatic with the performance of the I2 and the X5S. I initially purchased an X4S, but as a photographer, I wanted a few more options that the X5S offered. If I decide to really get into video, I will grab an X4S considering they are pretty cheap. For me, the I2 supersedes the I1 that I had, especially with all of the advanced features. For some the I1 will remain their weapon of choice while for others, we are completely happy with our purchases.

Reactions: 2nd2non
I have the I2 with x4s cant find anything to complain about, I love it and have no problems. Way better than I1 but at $4k+ with batteries to be expected.. nice product and having aperture it so nice. Great flight times!

I noticed one of the problems you mentioned was speed. If you have your forward detection sensors on the speed of the bird is limited to 15km per hour. Switch off the sensors and check your flight speed.
Im running x5s and achieve 20mins - 22mins flight time easy over water following wakeboarders. Flys like a dream, loving it so far. I have 4 sets of batteries and run them down to 10% ( the moment before the bird will basically self land becuase of not enough power) and they seem to charge up great and run well. Im at 27 flights and running strong.

The only time I have had a problem with flight time is after the batteries discharged off 10% after sitting for more then 10 days. They will auto discharge after sitting for 10 days to prolong the battery life. When I ran them like that I only achieved about 10 to 12 min. I make sure to top them off before every run now. If people say you shouldn't charge them to 100% maybe they are forgetting these are intelligent batteries and are made to charge to their fullest potential.

My fastest speed is 50.4 miles per hour in sport mode and longest flight is 22min where I was flying over 300 agl.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123