Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

VERY scary event with the I2 and Litchi App

So you didn't switch to P mode as well?
That should have solved it. In fact you should have tested that switch before sending it on its first Litchi mission.

Updating the firmware right before trying out a new third party app is not the way. You should have tested the update first before trying anything new. Not that it is definitely firmware related but you want to be absolutely sure it functions 100%. I always conduct flight tests after any firmware update. You can even check everything on the simulator first (the I2 also has a sim doesn't it?), including the switching to RTH, F,P and Atti modes. If Go or the firmware would be screwed you would notice it even before you take it into the field..

Good that you managed to stay cool and save the situation. Next time I suggest you use the P/F switch to get out of autonomy when anything happens, and always do test procedures like I mentioned above and you will be fine for the future.

There is no "F" switch on an Inspire 2 remote. All the 3rd party apps work in "P" mode.

I wanted to give a flight test report from my several hours of flying today with the latest .330 F/W. First, good on DJI for correcting many of the issues that were displayed in the .240 F/W. I flew for over 2 hours and also tried several speed runs and again, SPORT mode is the fastest just like advertised and with no wind the top speeds recorded averaged 60-62 mph and that was flying with the X5S camera and Panasonic 14-42 lens. Also I had two cube lights attached to the legs. Also, I flew several Litchi waypoint missions, several over 5 miles long round trip, and with RTH at the end of the missions. Again, every thing worked PERFECT! Good job DJI!!

Reactions: niki and NickU
----message from Litchi late last week..

Dear Litchi Pilots,

The new DJI firmware updates for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0600) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0509) fixed the issue introduced in the previous firmware versions which would cause erratic behavior in some of Litchi's flight modes. All of Litchi's flight modes are safe to use again with the latest firmware version for the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. The issue still exists in the current firmware for the Inspire 2.

The Litchi Team

Landing where the aircraft is currently positioned is entirely normal when you are close to the recorded home point, so nothing strange there...

... also as others have mentioned, toggling the flight mode switch is the usual way to recover control from an autonomous state. (Litchi uses stick-mode and while in stick-mode you have no control).

Last edited:
Reactions: NickU
Davehrot, I think that info yiou posted from Litchi is not current. Check on the Litchi Facebook page and you will see that Litchi now says that all Litchi modes are now usable with the I2 using the latest .0330 F/W update.

Keep it Classy! ;)
Are you kidding me!?

These people obviously haven't even cracked the manual for these things, and they are out buzzing around like they are hot shot pilots...

Seriously, LOTS of people shouldn't have ever been sold these things, and I for one can't wait until the governments of the world start taking them away because of people like that, and people like you that justify their actions.

Are you kidding me!?

These people obviously haven't even cracked the manual for these things, and they are out buzzing around like they are hot shot pilots...

Seriously, LOTS of people shouldn't have ever been sold these things, and I for one can't wait until the governments of the world start taking them away because of people like that, and people like you that justify their actions.

if you haven't seen the mavicpilots forum, take a few minutes to read..... that one is truly scary ;) in most cases the members of this board are leaps and bounds ahead.

Well, if it were up to some on this forum no one should buy new equipment. This was all flown in safe conditions not around anyone. Thank you all for your suggestions and I will definitely continue learning and flying.

if you haven't seen the mavicpilots forum, take a few minutes to read..... that one is truly scary ;) in most cases the members of this board are leaps and bounds ahead.

Best post ever. As I have even noted a few days ago, this is by far the best forum out there even with the self-righteous, uncalled for snarky comments. As some have also mentioned, there are a few things that are not mentioned specifically in the manual. I read cover to cover and still have a question or two. Rather than post here, I simply select a forum member that seems to have his **** together and ask them privately. Much better than lambasting someone for asking an honest question that may not have an obvious answer.

There isn't a flight Sim for the Inspire 2. Guess what..... it's "coming soon" according to DJI ;) :D
I gotta say, I still love my I1 if only for that matter :)

Sorry to intrude in what turns out to be a very I2 specific discussion. I have no business here.
Please disregard just about everything I said.:oops:

Reactions: Phatzo
I think after reading this thread, I may abandon Litchi. I purchased it when I had my Mavic and never used it but now I'm pretty confident that I will never take that icon. Seemed like a good app.

I think after reading this thread, I may abandon Litchi. I purchased it when I had my Mavic and never used it but now I'm pretty confident that I will never take that icon. Seemed like a good app.

I use Litchi regularly with full confidence. I have had one app flake out on me during flight. That was Go4. Litchi has been rock solid. Apps can throw errors for any number of reasons. Hardware, human, app, etc.

Reactions: Phatzo
As the person who had the issue with my I2 and Litchi.... I still use it with my Mavic Pro. Pano's are the best with this app (I haven't used any other feature on that app though) with my mavic and I attempted a Pano with the I2 but ran into the issue. I recant my statement about ever using it again as I have had conversations with others and think I can give it a try again.

I have had no issues with Litchi and the Mavic.

Do you guys use phones while connected to Litchi, if so, do you switch it into Airplane mode?

Do you guys use phones while connected to Litchi, if so, do you switch it into Airplane mode?

Hi Launch,

I switch to Airplane mode before anything else. There are many reported instances where an incoming phone call will cause an app crash.

Reactions: RobH2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla