Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

very small yet goliath problem with compass.....

Reaction score
I have a unique problem where the compass which is nestled in under the nosecone onto of 3 phillips head screws using the lightbridge as a mount..... well the 5 pin molex cable going into that has disconnected somehow from the actual compass...... confused yet ?
I'm terrible sorry but its just the most simple thing alas this 1 little cable is enough to ground my $4000 quadcopter :-/
I'm comfortable using a soldering iron from previous Phantoms etc.... but not micro-electronic comfortable..... I'm sure these 5 wires are supposed to be.... you know on their individual path..... I cant find the compass on sale as parts anywhere...... DJI it's just not happening..... their about as useful as my drone at the moment....
Can anybody please steer me in the right direction to fixing this godforsaken over priced silly hobby of a quadcopter i got myself into......

I have a unique problem where the compass which is nestled in under the nosecone onto of 3 phillips head screws using the lightbridge as a mount..... well the 5 pin molex cable going into that has disconnected somehow from the actual compass...... confused yet ?
I'm terrible sorry but its just the most simple thing alas this 1 little cable is enough to ground my $4000 quadcopter :-/
I'm comfortable using a soldering iron from previous Phantoms etc.... but not micro-electronic comfortable..... I'm sure these 5 wires are supposed to be.... you know on their individual path..... I cant find the compass on sale as parts anywhere...... DJI it's just not happening..... their about as useful as my drone at the moment....
Can anybody please steer me in the right direction to fixing this godforsaken over priced silly hobby of a quadcopter i got myself into......
Pictures please and we can try and help.

Reactions: Blue Bird
im sure if you look around you can find apic of how it looks beofre it breaks and then solder the wires back on.
The question really is how did it break? Did you open it up and tinker? or did it just break during flight etc?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds