Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video cuts in and out on Slave controller, but good when used as non master primary controller

Reaction score
The drone is the I1 with the upgraded X5 camera,

Just updated the firmware on both controllers and drone on Friday. I have a problem when the controller is set as Slave, the video cuts to black for a second every couple of seconds when the camera or drone moves and its even when the controller is 2 feet away from the Drone. I've tried with no avail:

Restarting the drone
Restarting the controller
Restarting and closing all apps on the iPad
Moving the drone.
Switching the lightning cable
Switching to iPhone 6

When I switch the master and the slave, the new master (old slave) still has the same problem, now on an iPhone 6.

However when the slave is set as a non-master solo RC, the footage is good and clear at 500 feet away.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
I have had the same thing happen to me. Just sent it into DJI Care. The slave controller has been useless for us for months. I figured with winter and the holidays, might as well let them take a look. I think it's a lightbridge issue.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I have had the same thing happen to me. Just sent it into DJI Care. The slave controller has been useless for us for months. I figured with winter and the holidays, might as well let them take a look. I think it's a lightbridge issue.

Post number 4
2nd Controller vision dropping out
Or....post #2 and #4
Image on Slave remote iPad Glitchy.

You will likely get your platform back with "No fault found" sticker on it.
There is no solution (other than the HDMI workaround).

Reactions: SanCap
Same question. I just looked all over for an answer. Thought I was misunderstanding. I assume he means have a long hdmi out of the master controller to a TV and have the camera op stand with the slave controller in front of the tv and use his controller to work the camera while watching the hdmi feed from the master controller. Please confirm.

Same question. I just looked all over for an answer. Thought I was misunderstanding. I assume he means have a long hdmi out of the master controller to a TV and have the camera op stand with the slave controller in front of the tv and use his controller to work the camera while watching the hdmi feed from the master controller. Please confirm.

Yup - that's the bullet proof solution.
Run HDMI to a secondary monitor for the camera op.
The other solution that people have used successfully is to use an HDMI dongle/transmitter (5.8ghz) to a monitor for the camera op. However, you need to check latency on the one you choose. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla