Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video froze halfway through filming

Reaction score
I was filming in 4K 30fps and everything looked fine from my phone screen. I was able to watch the video on my phone and it seemed fine. When I played it on the computer after downloading it from the SD card, it always froze at the exact same frame and the rest of the video was just that still image. I have filmed a lot in this resolution and have never had this problem. There was also something wierd that happened in the last few seconds of another video. I will include a picture of my SD card (which I haven't had any trouble with until now) and a video of the end of the video that looks messed up (not the one that froze).
240712bf42db33291c948feb97a8aa03.jpg

Last edited:
Just an update. At the moment where the video froze on the SD card .mov file, it actually starts as a new video on the video library on my DJI GO app. So it ends up being two videos on the app. And on the video on the .mov, it just freezes halfway through the video and the video resumes as a still image for the remaining time. Do I need to upgrade my SD card even though this hasn't happened before?

Last edited:
Ok. Will try that. Thanks. My SD card should be sufficient for 4K if I haven't had any trouble until now right? My app is pretty congested with videos, so that could definitely have affected it.

I cleared the video cache files and haven't had the problem occur again. I did have a lot of videos stored on the app, so that was probably what was affecting it.

UPDATE:
After reviewing some footage that I shot the other day, it did it again. Just past the 2:00 mark, the image freezes. The video is around 9:30 long, but just like last time, the rest of the video is just that frozen image. I have no videos stored in the app on my phone anymore. I shot more footage after that and the rest of it seemed fine.

UPDATE 2:

After checking my old Amazon orders, I found the order for micro SD card that I've been using. Turns out that the read speed is only 30 MB/s. Back when I got it in 2012 for my GoPro, it was the bee's knees. Not so much now (At least for filming 4K with the Inspire). I'm going to use the Lexar one that was provided with the Inspire for now and I think everything should be resolved. I am going to buy a 64 Gb one soon, so I think I am going to get the SanDisk Extreme Pro with 95 MB/s read & 90 MB/s write. This should solve the issue I've been having in my opinion.

UPDATE 3:

After purchasing a higher speed SD card, I haven't had any more problems with videos freezing or stopping. I bought a 64 Gb Sandisk Extreme Plus. There are two versions of he same card. The one I bought has a read speed of 95 MB/s and write speed of 90 MB/s. The other version tops out at 80 MB/s, which should still be fine. Here is a link to the exact one that I bought.

SanDisk 64GB Extreme Plus UHS-I microSDXC SDSQXSG-064G-ANCMA B&H

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg