Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video length

Reaction score
Hi all. Relatively new to the Inspire 2. I've noticed that if I record my whole flight, the videos are only a max 4gb. Not a huge problem, b/c I'll be editing, but I didn't notice a setting to change this. Any suggestions?

To be more specific, it's a limitation of the FAT32 file system they're using, and when a file reaches 4GB it is ended and recording is continued with the next frame starting a new file.

DJI says they will be supporting exFAT in the future, and that would eliminate the 4GB limit.

To be more specific, it's a limitation of the FAT32 file system they're using, and when a file reaches 4GB it is ended and recording is continued with the next frame starting a new file.

DJI says they will be supporting exFAT in the future, and that would eliminate the 4GB limit.
But it will not eliminate the 30 minute continuous recording limit that is imposed by DJI wanting to class it's cameras as 'Still Camera' rather than video cameras.
This is to circumvent certain government imposed taxes which are higher for video cameras.
DJI just lie and say the 30 minute limitation is to stop the camera overheating. :rolleyes:

Reactions: NickU

makes sense. Thank you for the explanation

But it will not eliminate the 30 minute continuous recording limit that is imposed by DJI wanting to class it's cameras as 'Still Camera' rather than video cameras.
This is to circumvent certain government imposed taxes which are higher for video cameras.
DJI just lie and say the 30 minute limitation is to stop the camera overheating. :rolleyes:

Good point; I didn't realize DJI had put in that limitation, although I'm aware of it with many other cameras. On the plus side I think it will at least *stream* for more than a half hour, and unless you've modified your drone you'll run out of battery before recording time if you're flying.

Still, for ground recording it would be nice if that limitation wasn't there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1