Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video not importing to premiere pro

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to editing inspire 2 footage and I did some shooting yesterday and 6 of my videos imported fine but one didn't. I am getting the error message "this video has no audio or video streams." It plays okay in Windows media player. It is short in H265.

Any ideals?

This is just a guess, but this might be caused by forgetting to stop recording before powering down the Inspire 2.

If that is the case, it might be solved by 1) re-inserting the Micro SD card in the craft, 2) powering up the craft, 3) waiting a minute or two, and 4) powering down the craft.

If you did that, then you would have your footage, which would be good. But it would be transcoded, so you would lose some image quality.

If my trick works, then you have the original footage, without any loss of image quality.

But that's a bit "if".

Reactions: Sligeach
I have encountered the same thing. The solution for me is to only record in MP4 rather than MOV. Premier sometimes glitches out with MOV files. Switch to MP4 and you will be good to go. This is just a container and has no impact on image quality...Mp4 vs. Mov.

Read related posts about the DJI 4K to Premiere Pro issue, some guys give some clues. Actually, we can’t bring 4K footage from DJI Inspire 2 to Premiere Pro directly due to the codec incompatibility. Here is the a tutorial on DJI Inspire 2 H.265 in Premiere Pro workflow.

This article is a year old and promotes outdated Premiere Pro workflows. The easiest and proper way to edit 4K h.264 footage is to use Premiere Pros’ proxy ingest method. There are many great toutorials available. Follow their proxy workflow and you will not have to deal with chuggy, skipping timelines anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74