Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video playback on slave rc overrides master rc screen

Reaction score
Did some dual operation today with my son for the first time I was piloting on the master rc and my son videoing on the slave rc.

After the first recording my son hit the playback icon to review the footage and my rc screen mimicked what he was getting on the slave rc screen, ie I saw the video playback. I lost my live video feed and all the aircraft telemetry. I was able to return to normal by selecting 'back' on the screen but then this killed the playback on the slave rc screen.

Having gone through everything again at home it seems that anything to do with the camera / video is mimicked between the two screens. Is this normal? Does anybody know if it's possible for the slave rc to review video footage while flying without affecting the master rc screen?

Don't know if this would affect it but we were using an android tablet on the master rc and an iPad on the slave rc, but we got the same situation when they were swapped around.

Hope someone can help.

Yes it's normal, there is only one video feed coming from the camera that any connected device will receive.

Yes it's normal, there is only one video feed coming from the camera that any connected device will receive.
Okay thanks I can understand that - makes sense.

However do you know if there is any way the telemetry layer can still be displayed during playback, in the same way that it can be toggled on/off with the live video feed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko