Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video softness blues

It would be nice to know baseline sharpening. I would assume that it is -3, rather than 0. and that -2 to +3 is just added sharpening on top of the base debayering of the sensor readout.

Reactions: apsussex
Sorry you are having this trouble, take a look at this link to my youtube channel, the video of the flag is with the x5 completely unedited and straight from camera to youtube. The content isn't really that good but It shows the clarity of the video from the x5. This is the minimum you should get. If you can't get it sorted I would have DJI take a look at it.

Reactions: gruvpix
Sorry you are having this trouble, take a look at this link to my youtube channel, the video of the flag is with the x5 completely unedited and straight from camera to youtube. The content isn't really that good but It shows the clarity of the video from the x5. This is the minimum you should get. If you can't get it sorted I would have DJI take a look at it.

That looks great and would be the level of quality I would expect from the product. I'll be trying a few more things today, unfortunately I'll be limited to indoor tests as it is snowing at the moment :mad:

I can confirm. I have the same soft video look if I'm recording in 2.7k, D-Log mode. When I use NONE, it's as sharp as your photos. Give it a shot. Try to adjust the EV values to +1, +2
Hm thanks for this I will try that next... I am shooting in D-Cine but perhaps the glitch is on both those settings. I will try none and see what I get.

I can confirm. I have the same soft video look if I'm recording in 2.7k, D-Log mode. When I use NONE, it's as sharp as your photos. Give it a shot. Try to adjust the EV values to +1, +2

Thanks for this, a very interesting post, never even thought to test sharpess differences on the different modes. Will give it a try later.

Hello Ralph,

I could use any tutoring that you could offer calibrating the X5!

Thanks,

Calibrating a DJI x5 camera
Step 1 Turn the Radio controller/App/tablet then Inspire on and get into the Tools section of the DJI Go app.
Step 2 Position your drone at least150 feet away (200 feet works best for me) from the desired target( this works best for me) Must be very high in contrast!!!
Step 3 I recommend the drone be setting stationary for the calibration ( some have done it while flying but I don't recommend this although some of my friends have done it successfully)
Step 4 Once everything is up and running and you are in the tools section of the menu click calibrate
Step 5 Tap the Tablet screen where the High Contrast item is located to start calibration.
Step 6 If the picture looks sharp proceed to tap on the ok icon.
Step 7 Take a couple of pics and a short video recording as well without moving the focus or the drone.
Step 8 Power down the drone and take out the Mini SD card and put it into you computer to check the pictures and video. ( The higher definition on the screen the better) This in my opinion is the only way to truly check to see if you have gotten the calibration correct. It is hard to see the pics and video in great detail on the tablet. That is the reason I recommend checking on a computer.
Step 9 If the pics and video look good then you are all set. If not you need to repeat the process until the desired results are achieved.

Im attaching a link to my youtube channel so you can see what the correct calibration results look like. The flag video is completely unedited. Feel free to email me directly if you want to, I'm always available. [email protected]

Respectfully,
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Hello Ralph,

I could use any tutoring that you could offer calibrating the X5!

Thanks,

Jim
Calibrating a DJI x5 camera
Step 1 Turn the Radio controller/App/tablet then Inspire on and get into the Tools section of the DJI Go app.
Step 2 Position your drone at least 150 feet (200 feet away works best for me) from the desired target Must be very high in contrast!!!
Step 3 I recommend the drone be setting stationary for the calibration ( some have done it while flying but I don't recommend this although some of my friends have done it successfully)
Step 4 Once everything is up and running and you are in the tools section of the menu click calibrate
Step 5 Tap the Tablet screen where the High Contrast item is located to start calibration.
Step 6 If the picture looks sharp proceed to tap on the ok icon.
Step 7 Take a couple of pics and a short video recording as well without moving the focus or the drone.
Step 8 Power down the drone and take out the Mini SD card and put it into you computer to check the pictures and video. ( The higher definition on the screen the better) This in my opinion is the only way to truly check to see if you have gotten the calibration correct. It is hard to see the pics and video in great detail on the tablet. That is the reason I recommend checking on a computer.
Step 9 If the pics and video look good then you are all set. If not you need to repeat the process until the desired results are achieved.

Im attaching a link to my youtube channel so you can see what the correct calibration results look like. The flag video is completely unedited.

Reactions: Djalma Ribeiro
Sorry FlyHighUSA, THAT is a disreputable American Flag and should be honorably retired. BTW, thanks for the footage. Please remind whoever is flying that tattered flag to replace it with a new one.

Sorry FlyHighUSA, THAT is a disreputable American Flag and should be honorably retired. BTW, thanks for the footage. Please remind whoever is flying that tattered flag to replace it with a new one.
I'm the one flying the flag. It is my recently departed mothers flag that flew at my childhood home on our 100 acre farm I'm the only one who sees it other than my posting it. She asked that her flag always fly. It will fly until it is no more and then a new one will go in its place. I respect how you feel about the flag its honorable but this particular flag and in this particular instance it will continue to fly in her honor as she wished.
Respectfully
Ralph

Reactions: zoltanh
I had the same softness trouble with my X5 and 12mm lens.
After spending some time with it, found a solution which is set sharpness to +3.

I tried to adjust the video settings tonight and it appears that whatever you put as the video settings also is the same for photo settings. Am I missing something? You can't separate them out?

I tried to adjust the video settings tonight and it appears that whatever you put as the video settings also is the same for photo settings. Am I missing something? You can't separate them out?
Yes actually you can. I just did a test on mine and I set the video aperture to one value and then switched to the camera and set it to a different aperture level. When switching back and forth they both stay where I previously set them. Do you have the latest firmware? Just curious

Yes, latest firmware. I am referring to the -1, -0, -0 settings and D-LOG or "NONE." Can they be set separately across video and photo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84