Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video: Vietnam shot with Inspire

Brilliant! Nicely done but how do you get away filming over people? Im really thinking Im better off not having a license so I can discard the rules too.

You've said this so many times about so many flyers in other countries @DennisR .... can you not fathom that Australian rules do not apply to the rest of the world?

In Vietnam -- a developing country, without regulation for many things besides UAV's, the "rules" at this point consist of getting permission to fly from the local police department. That's it. Oddly, they feel no compulsion to review Australian rules before flying.

You've said this so many times about so many flyers in other countries @DennisR .... can you not fathom that Australian rules do not apply to the rest of the world?

In Vietnam -- a developing country, without regulation for many things besides UAV's, the "rules" at this point consist of getting permission to fly from the local police department. That's it. Oddly, they feel no compulsion to review Australian rules before flying.
Yes, sure. I believe you. It doesn't matter if you kill someone. Its another country. You can always catch a flight out if that happens. No worries. You might have missed this.

General Vietnam Drone Laws
Drone use is allowed in Vietnam, but there are several Vietnam drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country. Operators must ensure that they follow the following laws when flying in Vietnam,

• You must first apply for and recieve a permit to operate a drone in Vietnam. You can apply for a permit by contacting the Vietnam aviation authority using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
  • You cannot fly over people not associated with the operation of the drone or over large crowds
  • Respect others privacy when flying your drone in Vietnam
  • You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions
  • Do not fly your drone near airports or in any area were aircraft are operating

Yes, sure. I believe you. It doesn't matter if you kill someone. Its another country. You can always catch a flight out if that happens. No worries. You might have missed this.

General Vietnam Drone Laws
Drone use is allowed in Vietnam, but there are several Vietnam drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country. Operators must ensure that they follow the following laws when flying in Vietnam,

• You must first apply for and recieve a permit to operate a drone in Vietnam. You can apply for a permit by contacting the Vietnam aviation authority using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
  • You cannot fly over people not associated with the operation of the drone or over large crowds
  • Respect others privacy when flying your drone in Vietnam
  • You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions
  • Do not fly your drone near airports or in any area were aircraft are operating

It's cool that you throw something like that up without citing a source. You're pulling that info from a commercial site that is not affiliated with the Vietnam government. I suggest you go there and find out what the real rules are -- I did. The permit still involves talking to the police department locally. It helps if you speak Vietnamese.

AS usual, you've decided to infer that I was endorsing reckless behavior. Why do you take this tack with every post? Why is every post an opportunity to stand on your soapbox and talk about your license and the rules*?

*As if the rules that you are governed by are the universal rules for the world.

It's cool that you throw something like that up without citing a source. You're pulling that info from a commercial site that is not affiliated with the Vietnam government. I suggest you go there and find out what the real rules are -- I did. The permit still involves talking to the police department locally. It helps if you speak Vietnamese.

AS usual, you've decided to infer that I was endorsing reckless behavior. Why do you take this tack with every post? Why is every post an opportunity to stand on your soapbox and talk about your license and the rules*?

*As if the rules that you are governed by are the universal rules for the world.
I pulled that info from the internet. I guess you dont like it because of the rules. You are endorsing reckless behaviour and flying over people. I hate rules too but it won't be long and someone is going to kill someone and then drones will be banned. In Thailand, drones are banned unless for commercial work. As I said, if your drone falls from the sky and kills someone underneath, all you have to do is hop on a plane and get out of there. I don't think you talking to the Police and offering a few dollars will help much if something goes wrong. I speak Indonesian and that helps in Indonesia too but I still have to bribe the Police if I get stopped driving for no reason.
As you say, why do I care? I am far from you but I care because I use my drone and license for my living. It will only take one or two people to get killed and drones will be banned everywhere.

I'm not the creator of the video. @DennisR just loves to assume things like that. It's why we love him so much.
Its your loss when drones get banned. I only fly commercially so no worries what you do. I cancelled the order of my M600 2 weeks ago. Im better off hiring illegal operators to do my work and using their own drone. All good. I bought a new 1DX mark 2 Canon instead.

wow, i didn't know there were snowy regions of Vietnam. Do you by chance know what area the was called? Beautiful!

wow, i didn't know there were snowy regions of Vietnam. Do you by chance know what area the was called? Beautiful!

That area (Sapa, very Northwest part of Vietnam, on the China border) saw snow last winter for the first time anyone can remember. It was really just a dusting, but temps went down to -4ºC which is unheard-of in that part of the world. It was catastrophic to the water buffalo herds which the farmers use for tilling the rice paddies. Many of the farmers lost 75% of their herd -- water buffalo cannot survive cold feet. Considering that many farmers earn around $30/week, and a single buffalo costs around $4000 or so, many will not recover. They are now attempting to use gas powered roto-tillers to cultivate the patties, but they don't till the deep soil the way they can with their buffalo.

Combined with the historic draught in the Mekong Delta -- caused by a combination of weather, the Chinese damming of the river, and Thailand's water diversion projects upstream, Vietnam's biggest crop is under severe threat, and an entire way of life is changing for many.

pixl45

Excellent video, do you mind sharing your video settings? Also what did you use to grade your video.

thanks,

Nas,

That area (Sapa, very Northwest part of Vietnam, on the China border) saw snow last winter for the first time anyone can remember. It was really just a dusting, but temps went down to -4ºC which is unheard-of in that part of the world. It was catastrophic to the water buffalo herds which the farmers use for tilling the rice paddies. Many of the farmers lost 75% of their herd -- water buffalo cannot survive cold feet. Considering that many farmers earn around $30/week, and a single buffalo costs around $4000 or so, many will not recover. They are now attempting to use gas powered roto-tillers to cultivate the patties, but they don't till the deep soil the way they can with their buffalo.

Combined with the historic draught in the Mekong Delta -- caused by a combination of weather, the Chinese damming of the river, and Thailand's water diversion projects upstream, Vietnam's biggest crop is under severe threat, and an entire way of life is changing for many.

This sucks. Are they receiving help from anyone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela