Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

[Videos] Southern Forests, South West WA - Australia

Reaction score
Website
www.loftyvisions.com.au
Hi guys,

Took my Inspire and Osmo down to a rather gloomy and windy Southern Forests region on the South West coast of Australia over the new year period. Unfortunately, I could only film in the air between 5.30am and about 9am before the severe winds kicked off, so the movies are a bit dark in some shots due to it being waaay too early. Here are a couple of videos I came back with. The first one was the reason I went down there but second was a bit of fun with the unused footage. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Both very nice videos! The first one had a couple things you don't see very often including the sky shots as well as the shimmering sun reflections in the water. How did you do the sky shots? You had to have been tilted up more than normal to do that.

The second video -- did you use follow me mode and if so what app did you use? In that video there appeared to be times when you zoomed in to the car and I have to ask how you did that. Did you actually fly closer or was this a video editing trick going from 4K to 1080P and permitting a pan and zoom approach.

Again, very nice videos...

Brian

Thanks Brian. The ground shots were done with my Osmo and I used Autopilot follow me function on the second video changing the altitude, distance and bearing settings on the fly. That is such a great app. It took 3 runs up and down the beach to get those shots. I also left my Osmo at the hotel on that shoot, which is a shame as I really wanted to get a shot of the Inspire chasing the car.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian. The ground shots were done with my Osmo and I used Autopilot follow me function on the second video changing the altitude, distance and bearing settings on the fly. That is such a great app. It took 3 runs up and down the beach to get those shots. I also left my Osmo at the hotel on that shoot, which is a shame as I really wanted to get a shot of the Inspire chasing the car.
Very nicely done. I must admit Im a little afraid to try the follow me thing just yet.

Thank you :) The Autopilot Follow Me is far superior than the DJI variant, albeit a little more complicated. I've tested it heaps and have great confidence in the app. You just need to plan your route and shots to make sure you don't slam the Inspire into a dune or something. Also make sure nobody is in the area at the time. I shot that at 6am on NYD just for that reason.

Mate that second shot and again at 2:18 are just lovely. And those follow me car shots are pretty amazing too. Was that all single operator? If so, well done! Multitasking at its best...

Reactions: Lofty Visions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo