Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

VR headset plus tablet via splitter?

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has tried it or thinks it would work to have simultaneous displays on a VR headset and your tablet via a micro usb splitter?

When working as camera operator I want to use something like Samsung Gear with my S6 Edge as an immersive visual display but still with the ability to lift the goggles briefly to adjust camera settings on the X5 with the tablet.

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has tried it or thinks it would work to have simultaneous displays on a VR headset and your tablet via a micro usb splitter?

When working as camera operator I want to use something like Samsung Gear with my S6 Edge as an immersive visual display but still with the ability to lift the goggles briefly to adjust camera settings on the X5 with the tablet.

Instead of a mini USB splitter from your tablet, you might want to consider possibly utilizing the HDMI port on your Tx to the Gear VR Headset.
You then would be able to utilize both USB and HDMI ports on the radio to transmit video. Simply select that option within the DJI GO App.
If I understand what your hoping to accomplish correctly, you may need to pickup an adapter cable sold at Best Buys or Amazon, to go from your phone into the mini HDMI port on the back of your radio.
I presently do it this way with my VR headset.

Last edited:
Yup - enable simultaneous output to HDMI and this will achieve what you are after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669