Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Want to see me crash my mini quad in Los Angeles ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beverly Hills Aerials, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Beverly Hills Aerials

So i can't help but want to fly mini-quads....

Im buying one this week and flying it... Im not really going to fly it calmly since I'm a professional aerial droner and what not... so high chance that i wreck it pretty quickly

... Anyone want to join ? pm me.

2. ringolong

You are in for a big surprise if all you have flown is DJI. Have someone there to film, and share some video of you while you try to fly it the first time if thats the case :D

Kilrah likes this.
  3. Talon Six

I'd recommend building your own instead of buying an RTF (unless it's that Banggood Eachine for $125). You will crash. Lots. Knowing how to repair it will pay huge dividends later on. Also the Liftoff simulator on Steam is a great way to learn.

fpv-flightclub.com has some excellent how-to's on building and tuning mini quads .

Have fun!

p.s. - buy lots of spare props.

ringolong likes this.
  4. Kilrah

And triple that again :D

ringolong and The Editor like this.
  5. Beverly Hills Aerials

thanks ill check those sites out... i have spoken to a drone store that is custom building me a drone. I'm paying them for the build... i just don't have time to tinker with building a drone and risk hitting a road block... unless theres some out there that wants to walk me through it ? Id be wiling to pay you to go with me to store buy the right drone then build and fly it with :)

oh yea and ill be recording because I'm pretty sure my crashes will be solid.

6. gruvpix

Always wanted to try this, some videos on Instagram look so crazy... Sadly no time and don't really want to deal with the constant breaking/fixing

Beverly Hills Aerials likes this.
  7. Beverly Hills Aerials

yea i agree gruvpix... I'm contacting some mini quad pros right now seeing if someone wants to join me on my adventure into mini quads.

8. Chnjab

I bought my two boys (9 & 10) both Walkera Runner 250Rs with GPS and Fat Shark Attitudes. It took me one time and two batteries each and they're both on their own now. They each have 5 batteries with two 2700mAh and the rest of 2200mAh which lets them spend easily two hours having a blast. Their experience with them will allow them to fly anything DJI produces with ease. They aren't that difficult to fly you just need to remember your truly flying them unlike an Inspire where its flying and your providing suggestions on where it should go.

9. Beverly Hills Aerials

nice... yea i fly in attitude mode a lot... so hoping that makes the transition a bit easier.

10. ringolong

It will not even be close ;)

You will get to use a real charger for the batteries.

My quad experience began with a naze32, and I was totally freaked out with my first dji experience lol.

11. Beverly Hills Aerials

yea I'm looking forward to that experience.

ringolong likes this.
  12. Talon Six

Yeah you'll be hitting road blocks...and trees...bushes...park benches...walls. Then there will also be a lot of function checking gravity (hint: it works just fine).

Beverly Hills Aerials likes this.
  13. Beverly Hills Aerials

I'm going tomorrow to buy my mini quad... its raining so i know i won't be working... what else does a drone pilot do a rainy days other then go buy more drones.