Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wanted! Light Bridge Fan For I1

Reaction score
Website
www.powerdronesales.com
Looking for just the Inspre 1 Light Bridge MC cooling fan. Does anyone have one laying around? Or can anyone recommend a replacement fan? I have a broken fin and it will not let me calibrate the IMU because of vibration. Any recommendations welcome!

You have all the info about the fan.... Look here, should be able to find a replacement
http://www.digikey.com./product-search/en/fans-thermal-management/dc-fans/1179730?k=dc fan
Thanks for the link! I actually don't have the specs on hand. this bird is a B version. Would that make a difference? not sure of the voltage spec for this birds LB cooling fan.. It should be as all others right? I mean fan voltage requirements? Never had to replace one of these yet until now.

Thanks for the link! I actually don't have the specs on hand. this bird is a B version. Would that make a difference? not sure of the voltage spec for this birds LB cooling fan.. It should be as all others right? I mean fan voltage requirements? Never had to replace one of these yet until now.
should be the same as all of them.... Measure the fan, length, width, height and number of blades. The voltage may be listed on the underside of the fan. I do not know the voltage, hopefully someone will jump in with the voltage.....

I know this sounds crazy but what if I stop the fan and try re calibrating the IMU? Do I have a enough time to get good IMU calibration brfore the MC over heats or will the upgrade fail? I have flown with this current IMU calibration for some time. I hope I can. I will post my results later.

I know this sounds crazy but what if I stop the fan and try re calibrating the IMU? Do I have a enough time to get good IMU calibration brfore the MC over heats or will the upgrade fail? I have flown with this current IMU calibration for some time. I hope I can. I will post my results later.
Yes, that would work but........if you then tried to fly it could end horribly. The vibration would be reintroduced into the IMU whilst in flight and..........:eek:

check ebay. i found a shop in germany that has spares. i am guessing you are in the US, then i would try Ralph. i am sure he can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for just the Inspre 1 Light Bridge MC cooling fan. Does anyone have one laying around? Or can anyone recommend a replacement fan? I have a broken fin and it will not let me calibrate the IMU because of vibration. Any recommendations welcome!
the spec of the fan is 5V 0.58mw 30mmx30mmx 7mm I have placed an order for this in ebay and will let you know when i have installed it
1pcs 5V 2Pin(2.0) Mini DC Brushless Cooling Exhaust Fan 30x30x7mm 30mm 3cm 3007S

Yes, that would work but........if you then tried to fly it could end horribly. The vibration would be reintroduced into the IMU whilst in flight and..........:eek:
Believe it or not Ed, I have been flying this bird with a broken cooling fin for quite some time. I have at least 30 or so flights on her and in that time and I never had to calibrate the IMU. Because I had not done it in that time, I thought it was time to do it after this last update. That is when the error came up. Thanks to a thread I found here on the forum, I was able to determine the fan vibration was the issue. I guess I have been lucky all those flights.
I stuck my finger in and stopped the fan. IMU calibrated with out a issue. The bird is unbricked now and back in the air. I guess it go's to show you how rock solid the IMU is on the I1 when calibrated correctly. I will still be looking for the fan and get one on the way. I hope that I don't have to remove the light bridge to install. I believe the screws come in from the inside of the LB housing. I will just cut them from the outside and use a adhesive to place back on. I am sure it will be fine. Thanks.

Believe it or not Ed, I have been flying this bird with a broken cooling fin for quite some time. I have at least 30 or so flights on her and in that time and I never had to calibrate the IMU. Because I had not done it in that time, I thought it was time to do it after this last update. That is when the error came up. Thanks to a thread I found here on the forum, I was able to determine the fan vibration was the issue. I guess I have been lucky all those flights.
I stuck my finger in and stopped the fan. IMU calibrated with out a issue. The bird is unbricked now and back in the air. I guess it go's to show you how rock solid the IMU is on the I1 when calibrated correctly. I will still be looking for the fan and get one on the way. I hope that I don't have to remove the light bridge to install. I believe the screws come in from the inside of the LB housing. I will just cut them from the outside and use a adhesive to place back on. I am sure it will be fine. Thanks.
Rather you than me! I would not want to introduce any vibration into the IMU that shouldn't be there. The fact that it simply WILL NOT calibrate with those vibrations coming from the unbalanced fan tells you just now sensitive the mems units are and how they can be thrown out.
But.......it's your Inspire
I can't remember who, but someone in the forum had success sourcing a fan from a third party vendor and from memory it was a direct swap.

Rather you than me! I would not want to introduce any vibration into the IMU that shouldn't be there. The fact that it simply WILL NOT calibrate with those vibrations coming from the unbalanced fan tells you just now sensitive the mems units are and how they can be thrown out.
But.......it's your Inspire
I can't remember who, but someone in the forum had success sourcing a fan from a third party vendor and from memory it was a direct swap.
Thanks for the advice. I will probably ground it until I get the fan anyway as I have my P4 to play with for a while. I also have a I1 Pro coming as well. Thanks for all your help as always.:)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan