Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Warning Aircraft Out of Range

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm sure there's a simple explanation to this, but I seem to be occasionally get a warning message of "Warning aircraft out of range." Nothing seems to happen when this message is displayed, but I usually come right back when it does display. Keep in mind that I have set a maximum distance. When I reach maximum distance, it does say "Warning max flight distance reached". It seems as though these messages are related. When it does display "Warning aircraft out of range", does that mean it somehow passed maximum distance? Or does it mean I started to loose connection with the drone? I never noticed any oddities with controlling it, so I never bothered to look at the signal except at takeoff. It was only when reviewing the flight logs that I happened to see this message. I'm sure it came up on the display too, but I've usually got my eyes on the drone.

Just wanted to give everyone an update after working with 2 DJI reps as well as a very helpful member on DJI's forum. This is normal and occurs when you set a maximum distance and the drone drifts or exceeds past the maximum distance. In short, you're getting outside the radius bubble that you set. The drone is fighting it's way back in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters