Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Warning! DJI GO App incompatible with Samsung Tab S2

Reaction score
Yesterday I have purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9,7 inch to replace my old iPad mini 2. Everything was fine until I tried to go to library and edit the videos. The app crashed everytime I trietd to edit any clip. I reinstalled the app, cleared video cache, tried to import clips from sd card, nothing works. This app is unusable on Galaxy Tab S2. I contacted DJI chat support and they said this tablet is unsupported.
Now I think of returning the tablet, but it is a shame, as it is a very good tablet and I only have problems with the dji Go app. Do you think it is worth to wait until they fix the video editing? I am so dissapointed with this as I upgraded the tablet specifically to be able to edit videos smoothly...

Yesterday I have purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9,7 inch to replace my old iPad mini 2. Everything was fine until I tried to go to library and edit the videos. The app crashed everytime I trietd to edit any clip. I reinstalled the app, cleared video cache, tried to import clips from sd card, nothing works. This app is unusable on Galaxy Tab S2. I contacted DJI chat support and they said this tablet is unsupported.
Now I think of returning the tablet, but it is a shame, as it is a very good tablet and I only have problems with the dji Go app. Do you think it is worth to wait until they fix the video editing? I am so dissapointed with this as I upgraded the tablet specifically to be able to edit videos smoothly...
But since the Tab 2 doesn't appear on the list of supported devices and yet the iPad Mini does - not that much of a surprise!
i would always advocate garnering peoples opinions on non supported devices BEFORE going out and buying the latest shiny toy if you are going to rely on it as an Inspire/Phantom monitor.

But since the Tab 2 doesn't appear on the list of supported devices and yet the iPad Mini does - not that much of a surprise!
i would always advocate garnering peoples opinions on non supported devices BEFORE going out and buying the latest shiny toy if you are going to rely on it as an Inspire/Phantom monitor.
If only DJI made this list of supported devices easy to find... Please go to Inspire 1 – DJI GO | DJI - and what you see: app is available @google play, so I assumed it is working on Android tablet. Was I wrong to make such a conclusion by looking at their salesy page?
I have also mistakengly assumed if I buy a top tablet of one of the largest manufacturers in the world, based on Android OS it will just work fine. Is it wrong? All other apps (I tested more than a dozen) worked great on this tablet. Only the DJI GO app has issues.
I will be now returning the samsung tablet and switching to iPad mini4.

If only DJI made this list of supported devices easy to find... Please go to Inspire 1 – DJI GO | DJI - and what you see: app is available @google play, so I assumed it is working on Android tablet. Was I wrong to make such a conclusion by looking at their salesy page?
I have also mistakengly assumed if I buy a top tablet of one of the largest manufacturers in the world, based on Android OS it will just work fine. Is it wrong? All other apps (I tested more than a dozen) worked great on this tablet. Only the DJI GO app has issues.
I will be now returning the samsung tablet and switching to iPad mini4.
On the downloads page along with the Firmware etc.
Inspire 1 - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO | DJI

Android....GO app....Grrr.

Even the Nvidia Shield has become a lame / staggered experience with crashing and lag...just stay with Apple. IPad Air 2 cost more but muscles the device.

Reactions: The Editor
Android....GO app....Grrr.

Even the Nvidia Shield has become a lame / staggered experience with crashing and lag...just stay with Apple. IPad Air 2 cost more but muscles the device.
I have to agree with that comment.
Android is a piece of junk. - I have various incarnations of Android toys here including the Nvidia Shield for beta testing purposes. They are all pants compared to the iPads.
I operate commercially and will ONLY use the iPad for that purpose since it is the only device that has NEVER given me any issues running differing versions of the GO App and I need to be able to rely on my equipment when working for a client.

IMHO there are too many iOS fans. I have been using Android for 3 yrs without any problems.

It's not a case of being a fan, it's a case of liking what is best with the Inspire. You have had no problems with Android and that's great, I'm happy for you.

I own the following devices:

iPad Air 2
iPad Air 1
iPad Mini 2
iPhone 6 Plus
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Google Nexus 6P
Samsung Galaxy Tab S

And have used them all with the Inspire. I rank them in the order I have listed them in terms of raw performance of the video stream from the craft. This is for pure frame rate and for dropped frames or stutter.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet is the best of the Android devices that I own but is still jerky compared to even the iPad Mini 2. The Tab S (while having an utterly fantastic screen) is really poor in comparison to the iOS devices.

Reactions: The Editor
The Galaxy S7 Edge is real nice with it's Quad-core 2.15GHz and 4GB RAM flawless performance.

goto settings:about device

repeatedly tap on 'build number' until developer options are unlocked

goto settings:developer options and set/verify the following options
1. USB debugging = OFF
2. USB configuration = RNDIS, note that rebooting device will reset this to default MTP......
Also, I always set device to 'airplane mode' to turn off internal radios....

S2 will run perfect!

Really dislike when an Apple fan boy or any other fanboy starts a thread with such a biased and untrue statement. Ok, to say you are having problems but a flat out statement like that as a title is too much.

artheck should go to the site admin to have the title changed.

The S2 has a better display for half the price of the Apple product.

Using the S2. There is a little bit of an incompatiblity. DJI has NOT done a good job with their driver for Android. DJI has partnered with Apple and has more time and experience with Apple products. There is no problem with Android. I can plug the S2 into any other device and not experience the need to change USB configuration = RNDIS. You may need to do this more than one time before the DJI connects but it WILL connect.

Baloney on the transfer rates to the Apple products versus the Android product. The display of the S2 and the IPAD is just about the same. The difference is that you will pay twice as much for the Apple product. This is fine if you really want the Apple product. But if all you want is a great 9.7" display there is absolutely NO reason to pay twice as much.

I bet that in the next few months there will be a DJI update and this minor issue goes away.

Reactions: Jacksloper

1. USB debugging = OFF
2. USB configuration = RNDIS, note that rebooting device will reset this to default MTP......

S2 will run perfect!

Really dislike when an Apple fan boy or any other fanboy starts a thread with such a biased and untrue statement. Ok, to say you are having problems but a flat out statement like that as a title is too much.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I signed up just to like your post and thank you. This info was the key to getting a new P3S activated and updated this evening with my S2 9.7.

1. USB debugging = OFF

S2 will run perfect!

You sir are a f**kin' genius. This has been pi**ing me off for months. I've tried a lot of different things to no avail. Granted the minute you plug in the USB cable it reverts back to MTP but if you change it while plugged in it connects every time

Using the S2. There is a little bit of an incompatiblity. DJI has NOT done a good job with their driver for Android. DJI has partnered with Apple and has more time and experience with Apple products. There is no problem with Android. I can plug the S2 into any other device and not experience the need to change USB configuration = RNDIS. You may need to do this more than one time before the DJI connects but it WILL connect.

Baloney on the transfer rates to the Apple products versus the Android product. The display of the S2 and the IPAD is just about the same. The difference is that you will pay twice as much for the Apple product. This is fine if you really want the Apple product. But if all you want is a great 9.7" display there is absolutely NO reason to pay twice as much.

I bet that in the next few months there will be a DJI update and this minor issue goes away.
Spot on. Sadly the poor support by vendors and clever partnering strategy by Apple casts a shadow over android .. worse for Microsoft.. theyre not even mentioned in the mobile space!

Its more marketing than tech.... sadly.

I'm not a ios fan and never have. I've had Samsung Phones and Tablets as well as other android devices for years and prefer the operating system over IOS. But in this case the I got a Ipad mini just for my I1 and P3 and I like the performance over the android as far as the DJI apps

Bought a tab 2 9.7 yesterday.
For 24 hours it worked great, connected first time everytime.

Then it went bad,
Power on controller, power on inspire
Plug in tablet and when dgi go tries to start it get it gets to the choose which app, the option page flashes off and back on again.

Under developer option it flashes between charging and mtp, rdnis doesnt stick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadpoetryweb