Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Warning:Propulsion Output Limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered.

How many charges ago were your batteries calibrated? Sounds like they are reporting to the system differently than what they are. Calibration will sort that.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
I can't read now but it's a pretty new battery... I agree it seems a wrong reporting status

WorldRecord.JPG
I received this warning twice on a flight today and it didn't seem critical or cause any unexpected behaviour from the aircraft. I've seen lots of posts about the power being limited due to battery temp/condition but can't find anything on this warning. Has anyone come across this and should I be concerned? It's the 10th flight of this quad and battery and everything appears OK when I look at the healthy drones data. I was going at full throttle and starting a slight climb so my guess is it was just warning me that I was at the limit.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Forgive my ignorance... Where/how do you view this data? DJI app?? I did a 69 mph flight yesterday with no problems (ATTI mode with 18 mph tail wind). The power didn't seem limited at all. Does this only occur in GPS mode? Thanx.

I eventually got around to upgrading my Inspire Pro today with the latest firmware. During the very first flight I too received the warning you experienced followed very shortly after by a critical error message from which I landed immediately. I changed batteries and all looked okay until 3 minutes into the second flight when I got the very same warning again. All battery output levels were ok during both flights. Could this be related to the latest firmware upgrade? Has anybody else noticed this post upgrade?
dji.PNG

I'm running v1.08 and have no reason to go to 1.09 (release notes have no luster for me). Which firmware version you running? v1.09, I assume?

Reactions: Ftolino
UPDATE: The fault with my Inspire 1 Pro is definitely the result of the firmware upgrade v1.9.1.30
I downgraded to firmware v1.8.1.00, used the same two recharged batteries and the fault disappeared. I ran both of the batteries down to 10% during this test.

Yep...I had a feeling. I'm running 1.08.xx and get no such warnings.

Been getting this too. Once went into auto land. On 1.1.9.30. I have 3 x T48 and 2 x T47 batteries. Doesn't seem to matter which ones are loaded. I always do a full discharge when requested by the DJI GO app, using a SmartCharger unit. Didn't notice the message before the last firmware update.

Been getting this too. Once went into auto land. On 1.1.9.30. I have 3 x T48 and 2 x T47 batteries. Doesn't seem to matter which ones are loaded. I always do a full discharge when requested by the DJI GO app, using a SmartCharger unit. Didn't notice the message before the last firmware update.

As far as I know the Smartcharger does not run the batteries down to LVC below 3.3v. The smart batteries (smart up to a point!) need to know "where" 0% is relative to full charge to report the correct battery state to the flight controller. Running your batteries down to LVC now and then will not damage your batteries, there is still enough in them to protect them. I also do this after every firmware upgrade. Doing this I have never had much of a problem. Batteries all healthy.

Holder of CAA PFAW
BNUS-S Certified Pilot

yup slug mode, why did they not use batteries with a higher C rating? i get this message even with about 60% left in the battery at times.

I'm surprised that nobody here has noted DJI's misuse of the word "motility". It's a biological term, most often used to refer to sperm motility. It doesn't have a place in describing the lowered mobility of the Inspire in these circumstances.

Perhaps a failure of DJI's Chinese/Engrish dictionary?

As far as I know the Smartcharger does not run the batteries down to LVC below 3.3v. The smart batteries (smart up to a point!) need to know "where" 0% is relative to full charge to report the correct battery state to the flight controller. Running your batteries down to LVC now and then will not damage your batteries, there is still enough in them to protect them. I also do this after every firmware upgrade. Doing this I have never had much of a problem. Batteries all healthy.

Holder of CAA PFAW
BNUS-S Certified Pilot

How do you calibrate/run your batteries down to LVC?

Flying Inspire 1pro on version 1.9.1.30 and last week finished a job in wind gusts of 30 + knots with no technical problems.
Out of interest - what maximum operational windspeed do you quote in your ops manual then since you would be operating outside the manufacturers limitations of the aircraft at those wind speeds?

Recognise and accept this was above my stated ops manual wind speed and not normal practice but didn't appreciate the quickly changing weather conditions and it wasn't until later that day after revisiting weather data I realised just how windy it had been. What I gained from this was how impressed I was with the aircrafts ability to cope very well in these conditions especially the smooth video captured and to be more aware of rapidly changing weather conditions.

Reactions: DamesNY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide