Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Warranty Scam

Reaction score
Recently, I attempted to update my Inspire 1. The remotes updated fine, the Inspire wouldn't update. After spending a day on the phone with DJI, they convinced me to send it in. I immediately received an invoice for $500.00 stating that the frame was bent!!! Right, I recently purchase the Inspire, flown it twice and both times landed in grass using the auto-land feature. No way did it ever land hard or crash. After two weeks of calling and trying to find out if they even were talking about my unit, I was sent the invoice again with no explanation. I decided that the only way to get the unit returned was to pay the ransom, request all parts that were replaced (yes, the law requires them to be returned if you request them), so I could have them examined by an expert, to determined if there was anything I could have done, or if (maybe) the technicians are being paid commission on parts they replace not under warranty. Since the time from when I sent the unit in to the time of return was almost a month, I also included instructions on the address that the unit needed to be shipped. Now, DJI doesn't answer my calls ( I get put on hold and eventually the call disconnects), my copter apparently has been shipped into a black hole somewhere, and DJI's customer service is the worse company I've ever delt with. I'm considering filing a suit against them. If anyone has had any type of similar problems, please email me at [email protected] Thanks

Recently, I attempted to update my Inspire 1. The remotes updated fine, the Inspire wouldn't update. After spending a day on the phone with DJI, they convinced me to send it in. I immediately received an invoice for $500.00 stating that the frame was bent!!! Right, I recently purchase the Inspire, flown it twice and both times landed in grass using the auto-land feature. No way did it ever land hard or crash. After two weeks of calling and trying to find out if they even were talking about my unit, I was sent the invoice again with no explanation. I decided that the only way to get the unit returned was to pay the ransom, request all parts that were replaced (yes, the law requires them to be returned if you request them), so I could have them examined by an expert, to determined if there was anything I could have done, or if (maybe) the technicians are being paid commission on parts they replace not under warranty. Since the time from when I sent the unit in to the time of return was almost a month, I also included instructions on the address that the unit needed to be shipped. Now, DJI doesn't answer my calls ( I get put on hold and eventually the call disconnects), my copter apparently has been shipped into a black hole somewhere, and DJI's customer service is the worse company I've ever delt with. I'm considering filing a suit against them. If anyone has had any type of similar problems, please email me at [email protected] Thanks
Where in the world are you located (I can't tell from a gmail account)

No tracking nubmer???
Yes, they sent a tracking number, but they didn't follow instructions on the payment for shipping to an acceptable address. I'm out of town, so no one was available to receive the unit. Once I made the payment I received an email within the hour that the unit was shipped. What's amazing is they fixed everything and shipped it to an invalid address within an hour of getting money.... I've emailed them at least six times, no answer. The last response was. We closed your ticket..

I can very well imagine your anger, this is just outrageous! And this business permit degree itself since its existence in the most unfriendly way further. It's time that we (all customers) once be heard ... that we no longer accept similar behavior, and they are going to behave in the future, as it should be for an international company! At the moment one dares to complain on their forum (DJI website) block the moderators (holelickers) just your account? I know that we are not the only ones who think seem!

Yes, they sent a tracking number, but they didn't follow instructions on the payment for shipping to an acceptable address. I'm out of town, so no one was available to receive the unit. Once I made the payment I received an email within the hour that the unit was shipped. What's amazing is they fixed everything and shipped it to an invalid address within an hour of getting money.... I've emailed them at least six times, no answer. The last response was. We closed your ticket..
Don't know the particulars about your issues BUT when my Inspire was sent in I had to fill out paperwork for the return address. It was to be inside the case together with the unit, DJI did not offer any way to change shipping address for the return. So if nothing has changed DJI would send the unit to the address YOU gave them the first time?
Edit: Might have been better if you needed to change your address that you instead on a confirmation of change of address before you paid the invoice?

Last edited:
Don't know the particulars about your issues BUT when my Inspire was sent in I had to fill out paperwork for the return address. It was to be inside the case together with the unit, DJI did not offer any way to change shipping address for the return. So if nothing has changed DJI would send the unit to the address YOU gave them the first time?
Edit: Might have been better if you needed to change your address that you instead on a confirmation of change of address before you paid the invoice?

Right, I recently purchase the Inspire, flown it twice and both times landed in grass using the auto-land feature. No way did it ever land hard or crash.
I immediately received an invoice for $500.00 stating that the frame was bent!!!

Read well what "goodwin21" write in his claim!
Since the time from when I sent the unit in to the time of return was almost a month, I also included instructions on the address that the unit needed to be shipped. Now, DJI doesn't answer my calls ( I get put on hold and eventually the call disconnects),
I also included instructions on the address that the unit needed to be shipped.

Will you now want to convince me that this is a way of sustainable business ???

Right, I recently purchase the Inspire, flown it twice and both times landed in grass using the auto-land feature. No way did it ever land hard or crash.
I immediately received an invoice for $500.00 stating that the frame was bent!!!

Read well what "goodwin21" write in his claim!
Since the time from when I sent the unit in to the time of return was almost a month, I also included instructions on the address that the unit needed to be shipped. Now, DJI doesn't answer my calls ( I get put on hold and eventually the call disconnects),
I also included instructions on the address that the unit needed to be shipped.

Will you now want to convince me that this is a way of sustainable business ???
You are totally missing my point, when you send your product in you need to include the return shipping address, not when you pay.

The op needed to change this address and did this when he says "but they didn't follow instructions on the payment for shipping to an acceptable address" In other words he needed to change the return address and included a message with his payment.

All I am saying is that I would not have sent any money, without having the address change confirmed.

You are totally missing my point, when you send your product in you need to include the return shipping address, not when you pay.

The op needed to change this address and did this when he says "but they didn't follow instructions on the payment for shipping to an acceptable address" In other words he needed to change the return address and included a message with his payment.

All I am saying is that I would not have sent any money, without having the address change confirmed.

Yep, at this point, you're right! Certainly with DJI!
But this is not normal, a compagny as DJI...contact?.... accessibility .... accountability?....service?...zero comma zero!
well that we have guys here as "The Editor" who knows what he is talking, and too knows many things!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk