Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Warranty

Reaction score
Hi,

I own an inspire 1 and wanted to ask if my warranty is affected if I change the colour of the plastics from white to.. black or any other colour?

Thanking you for your feedback,

Danny, Cyprus.

I'm not 100% sure. I would purchase spare body plastics and paint /wrap or hydrodip them, swap them over. That way if you do have a warranty claim you could put it back to original. There's a video in the FAQ showing how to remove the the associated plastic body panels.

Reactions: Daniel Abdallah
Thank you for your reply. I have done just that. I took everything apart using static free tools, a white cotton table cloth and in a dust free room. It is a very easy procedure to take the plastic bits off. But I am not a certified DJI technician and logically, that is all it takes to void my warranty.

I am considering buying all the plastic parts that I have painted and replacing them before shipping it over to Holland for the check up etc..

I just contacted the DJI Head Quarters in the U.K and in the Netherlands and I was told that as long as the warranty seals were not touched i.e. removed while having it painted (which in my case were not) then the warranty is not affected :)

Is the warranty of your new car void if you attach spoilers? Normally not. In EU and USA not it depends in which country you are.

You should search for consumer laws in your country and what they say to modifications. If its allowed to limit consumer warranty then it must be such a passus in the law.

However I would think twice of changeing the colour for other reasons. Basically I also wanted to change but it turned out that the black is needed to see it in the sky and the white is needed to see it in front of a wood. If you make it beautiful black and fly in direction of a wood in 500m you will not see it anymore.

You are absolutely right.. I was considering orange to be honest but thought black would look good too. White as it was is probably the best for heat and sun reflection as well as not having the warranty worries!

The DJI warranty does mention unauthorized disassembling (which is what you did), but it's really up to them to determine if and which parts of the warranty have been voided. I've seen people get warranty service for highly modded quads, so the warranty is not an exact science.

There is also one thing more to consider its sad that such things need to be considered but if you make it very unique colours it can also be identified by everyone.

Lets say you fly 40m within some people in UK. 40m is far away you will hardly see the people on the tablet but because of insane regulations you are already a criminal with this. Now when you have a yellow-orange Inspire and some policeclerk with googles sees it they may even occasionally identify you weeks later because of your unique Inspire. If your Inspire looks like all others it will be very hard to prove it was yours.

The DJI warranty does mention unauthorized disassembling (which is what you did), but it's really up to them to determine if and which parts of the warranty have been voided. I've seen people get warranty service for highly modded quads, so the warranty is not an exact science.

Thats wrong. Because in many countries such warranty limitations are null. If its not allowed to limit warranty like this then its not valid. You should check with the laws in your country. There where it would be allowed its likely that any consumer warranty limitation has to be written in capital letters to be valid.

Its also forbidden to limit warranty only because 3rd party parts are used.

Warranty is only void if DJI can prove the failure which leads to the warranty was caused by the parts you modified or 3rd party parts you used. However IF DJI can prove this you can already sue the manufacturer of these parts and hold him liable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool