Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Washington state HEADS UP

Getting everyone's approval to fly over their property seems a bit much. This will lead to creating your own aeronautical sectional maps, and if you thought sectional maps were confusing to read now, wait until you draft your own airspace map of places you can fly over and those you can't.

I can see a neighbor saying "Okay to fly over," and then rescinding it on day two. Or just telling the po-po if called out about a complaint and telling them "I never gave him permission to fly over my house or land." What a mess. May as well make WA State a "Drone Free State" if it passes, or be prepared to get a box full of permits and personal sectional maps

I am glad Arizona didn't go batsh-t crazy with their state law..

View Document - Arizona Legislature

Not perfect but at least it didn't cripple the business...

AZ seems to set aside some public parks in each city so one can fly there legally in that document. Most state's cities have ordinances against them. At least the governor there enacted it with some rational thought behind it.

That WA state guy also has another bill to keep drones 600 feet away from whales, so he wants WA state to manage the ocean too regarding drone flights. Plus he got 5 others in his party to sign on to that one as well. Like a whale might even be bothered by a drone 600 feet distant. Rational thinking has completely left the WA state legislature.

Buh-Bye WA state.

It's far from a done deal. But those of us that would be effected need to be vocal. A prior bill restricting uas use passed the legislature and was vetoed by the governor in 2014

Same old story really. There are already laws aimed at protecting the public from trespass, harassment, etc. But the idea that a rc model can fly over your house must mean that the intent is to invade your privacy. Not to take pictures of the house for sale next door or across the street.

The FAA has already warned state and local government not to try and impose regulations on the NAS. Some elected officials didn't get the memo.

It's far from a done deal. But those of us that would be effected need to be vocal. A prior bill restricting uas use passed the legislature and was vetoed by the governor in 2014

Same old story really. There are already laws aimed at protecting the public from trespass, harassment, etc. But the idea that a rc model can fly over your house must mean that the intent is to invade your privacy. Not to take pictures of the house for sale next door or across the street.

The FAA has already warned state and local government not to try and impose regulations on the NAS. Some elected officials didn't get the memo.
"The FAA has already warned state and local government not to try and impose regulations on the NAS. Some elected officials didn't get the memo." I know, but perhaps a more business-friendly Attorney General can "help" states "see the light"

Reactions: josephmatthew
****, I don't like the idea the idea of the state giving permission to people unauthorized to give me permission to fly in national airspace.

What about planes? Will they have to call every house when they fly across the state?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo