Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weak signal associated with flight orientation

Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone ever encountered their Inspire 1 having significantly lower image and controller signals when flying towards your standing position vs away?

Any thoughts why this may be happening?

Hey guys has anyone ever encountered their Inspire 1 having significantly lower image and controller signals when flying towards your standing position vs away?

Covered before on the forum.

When the Inspire is flying towards you the aircraft tilts and therefore the antennas in the legs angle downwards and thus give reduced range.
I have never had any issue with range but then I only fly within legal limits of LOS/500m

I have this and have since I bought the 1v2 I can be out no more than 1200' and when it hovering at 250' or 400' no matter the altitude it looses signal when rotated back towards me ? Now I been told the antenna's are in all four legs but that's not how it acts ! And the most range I can get and keep signal it 1590'to 1657' is the furthest I can fly out from me and this is in the middle of no where on a farm flat as can be so I bought the little booster that slides over the existing antenna and it stopped the lag in video but no help at all with distance ? Really disappointed in this but otherwise a wonderful bird ! Been to the shop a few times and they want to sell you a four hundred dollars for a big awarkward extender but I'm reluctant because it won't go in the case with my drone

I have this and have since I bought the 1v2 I can be out no more than 1200' and when it hovering at 250' or 400' no matter the altitude it looses signal when rotated back towards me ? Now I been told the antenna's are in all four legs but that's not how it acts ! And the most range I can get and keep signal it 1590'to 1657' is the furthest I can fly out from me and this is in the middle of no where on a farm flat as can be so I bought the little booster that slides over the existing antenna and it stopped the lag in video but no help at all with distance ? Really disappointed in this but otherwise a wonderful bird ! Been to the shop a few times and they want to sell you a four hundred dollars for a big awarkward extender but I'm reluctant because it won't go in the case with my drone
Where are you located.? I've read that some countries have limits on the transmitters

Covered before on the forum.

When the Inspire is flying towards you the aircraft tilts and therefore the antennas in the legs angle downwards and thus give reduced range.
I have never had any issue with range but then I only fly within legal limits of LOS/500m
I'm flyin over farm , might as well walk the fence if you cannot fly to inspect it ! We live in Tn and its hilly you would have to have a parascope to keep the bird in sight

I have noticed this too but it is intermittent, not sure about orientation direction, but changing direction of flight was the way to make it better or worse.

Reactions: Michael sullivan
Not sure but it seems to be an inherent problem for DJI , their claims of distance and the reality of it are far apart , for now we will run the fences the old way . Kind of like the battery life they boast of , it's just under 2/3 rds of their claim but it's a great drone for flying 1200 to 1500 feet out not not much for the work it was purchased for that's all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo