Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

West Virginia State Capitol

Another great shot!

Many, many, many years ago (one summer while in college) I worked in the building at the far right (slightly cut off). I worked as a photographer for the Department of Natural Resources. Was assigned a car (that was :cool:) and drove up to a place outside of Green Bank to a protected area (not open to the public), met up with a Forest Ranger and spent the week shooting some of the most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen. That was the first time I'd ever seen a beaver ****.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: 304HighDrone
Very Nice! Was it difficult to get approval to fly there?

You can fly there, but can't fly over the capital grounds. Capital police will come looking if you would fly over. It happened to a friend of mine. They just told him to stay out of the airspace over top the grounds.

Reactions: SanCap
You can fly there, but can't fly over the capital grounds. Capital police will come looking if you would fly over. It happened to a friend of mine. They just told him to stay out of the airspace over top the grounds.

I didn't even think about capitol police, I was thinking about the FAA and the proximity to CRW airport. Less than 3 miles miles within class C airspace.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 8.43.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 8.43.20 AM.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 7
CRW tower guys are great! I have called them many many times. I have not once had a bad experience. I have flown on this side of the river many times. I'm actually over the river now, just on the edge of the bank.

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44