Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What Balance Ring To Use ??

Reaction score
Hi, i have recently bought the Inspire 2 and want to now buy the olympus 45mm , in the meantime o irdered the balancing ring for it and it arrived today . in the packet was 2 rings

1 x 8 gram
1 x 6 gram

i am confused now as i thought all i had to do was add one ring to the lens to balance , the question is

do i use them both or do i use either the 6g or the 8g and i also want to add an ND filter so also can someone please tell me if i use any of these rings whilst i have the filter on ,

PS i do not own the lens yet

thanks in advance everyone

Brian

Hi There, The two rings are so you can take one off if you use a polarizer and or filter. Depending on the weight of the filter you may need to balance accordingly or even counter balance if the filter is heavy.

On the Olympus 45 i use a step up ring and nd filter without the balancing rings, depending on the ND filter weight i use a counterweight

Hello, I use the two balancing rings together on my Oly 45 and it works fine. If you want to use a filter, I would say that you have to remove the balancing ring that weight the same that the filter.

I chose to get a 37 > 46mm step up ring and then use my standard ND filters (or UV) for the 17 and 25mm Olympus lenses. Much cheaper than buying another set of filters. The weight of the step up ring and filter balances perfectly for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido