Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What firmware to use if I want to fly both my X3 and my X5 cameras interchangable?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I need to use for firmware if I want to be able to fly either my X3 or my X5 on my Inspire 1. Since the X5 is considered the Inspire 1 Pro firmware and the X3 is considered the Inspire 1 firmware I am not sure how to be able to do this. I need help.

Thank you!

@Norman Quinn All I1 firmware numbering is now in sync but they are not necessarily identical in content. I usually download both versions (eg. X3 WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30 and X5 WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.09.01.30). They will only work with the appropriate camera. I then fit the X3 camera and run the X3 update before swapping to the X5 camera and running that update. Only those sub-system files that are different and applicable to each configuration will install.

@Norman Quinn All I1 firmware numbering is now in sync but they are not necessarily identical in content. I usually download both versions (eg. X3 WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30 and X5 WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.09.01.30). They will only work with the appropriate camera. I then fit the X3 camera and run the X3 update before swapping to the X5 camera and running that update. Only those sub-system files that are different and applicable to each configuration will install.

Thank you for this information. I didn't realize they were in sync now. I haven't done any X3 updates for quite a while since I bought the X5.

Thank you for this information. I didn't realize they were in sync now. I haven't done any X3 updates for quite a while since I bought the X5.
Norman , from my expirions hot from today, first load the 01.30 to the SD for the x5r, made the upgrade and than toke the Same SD , put it on the x3 , install the x3 on the aircraft and everything work well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan