Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA What is a reasonable fee structure?

Sturgisphoto is correct about the real estate people.........A Commercial real estate guy never even called me back when I told him 150 for 5 nicely finished photographs of any building(I no longer charge this as you will see below)

Some food for thought.........
I work with an engineering firm......roughly our pricing is as follows..........
Standard Corporate Photography (hand held) is 150.00/hr(on site whether shooting or not) , post processing 100/hr.
Aerial Photography is 280/hr (not necessarily total flight time but at the site time as well) , post is 100/hr.
Travel is 100/hr (time is money)
Min charge on any job is 400.00
On uncertain prospective clients we offer a 100.00 consultant fee to be applied toward their job. If not we keep.

I would love to bid by the job but I work with engineers and do as much in-house work(surveying, planning, construction, inspection etc) as outside work and engineering firms are usually by the hour type people.

When asked to give a price on a job we estimate our hours based upon the above and add 15% for unknowns.
We work within FAA rules, Certifications etc.

I'm very happy to be a part of this fast growing industry and to be able to incorporate UAVs into our engineering firm.

Basically you will end up charging what your market will dictate for your area(eastern PA for us). This, of course, will change with your experience and quality of product too.
As CJ Lewis says "If your phone is ringing off the hook.....charge more money"

Even those rates are going to be too high at $280/hr. Just go to thumbtack or droners.io and you'll see rates from $75-$150 per hr.

Even those rates are going to be too high at $280/hr. Just go to thumbtack or droners.io and you'll see rates from $75-$150 per hr.
Hi Nick - Dave here from Droners.io yes you're absolutely right - prices have definitely dropped after Part 107, particularly for real estate - as they are usually looking for the cheapest price. Cinematography and enterprise vertical still demands higher rates - (~$200+ hr).

If your skilled and can edit - you'll be able to set yourself apart. If you can't do that yet - it will be challenging to land jobs as the demand is just not there to match the supply yet.

Hi Nick - Dave here from Droners.io yes you're absolutely right - prices have definitely dropped after Part 107, particularly for real estate - as they are usually looking for the cheapest price. Cinematography and enterprise vertical still demands higher rates - (~$200+ hr).

If your skilled and can edit - you'll be able to set yourself apart. If you can't do that yet - it will be challenging to land jobs as the demand is just not there to match the supply yet.

Ya, its interesting seeing how the market has moved so fast. Its a good thing from a customers perspective.

I will take the jobs from where ever they come from, Drones.io, Drone Base or my own personal markets. All the money adds up, a little here a little there!

Reactions: DStew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrocksshuttle