Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What is your maximum wind speed

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here.
Have been grounded from flying for past two weeks due to strong winds from Antarctic.
Noticed a recent post on Kitesurfing that said the Inspire 1 handled 20mph wind pretty good.
What would be the maximum wind gust speed before you cancel the day.
I'm using uavforecast.com which is of great assistance.

Reactions: lake_flyer
20mph is 8.9m/s.. The Inspire is advertised as good for 10m/s and I have been flown in at least 15m/s in the gusts.
45 degree angle against the wind and rocksteady, when I was taking AEB-shots flawlessly.

That's a pretty cool website!.. I have flown in 20mph winds with gusts to 25, not as fun as a calm day, but she will handle it, but to answer your question, I call it at 20 mph. This depends of course on the flight area.

Reactions: PB30X
As mentioned, flight path and observation areas of concern should always be on your flight list...Pay extra close attention landing if, or switching to/from ATTI... Take it from experience lol.. All but soiled my pants.. Good winds are an EXCELLENT DAY to do tailwind SPEEDTESTS...

I have flown in a little upwards of 23 miles per hour.... gusting a little more, the INspire handles it amazingly well.
I would not want to be flying ATTI in those kind of winds as the thing can really start getting away from you very quickly.

Reactions: Highrpm955
Flying the I1 in windforces up to 6 Beaufort (10.8-13.8 meters/sec) is not recommended but does not appear to be a problem, especially if one stays in Visual Line of Sight. Be careful though: Going back with a headwind of 14 mtr/sec takes 4 times longer than travelling away with a tailwind of 14 mtr/sec. Taking steady HQ videos will be tricky with Windforce 6. Chances are that the legs sometimes will appear in the image.

Recently I have written an small article about Wind vs Inspire-1: http://www.hobbypiloot.nl/Artikelen/ArtMID/1316/ArticleID/39/Wind-versus-max-drone-snelheidafstand (it's in dutch, with google translation to other languages). In enclosed picture you can see the calculated max. distance that one can fly with a particular wind force. It's just a theoretical exercise though, reality may differ slightly (e.g. due sudden wind gusts).

Attachments

• WindVsInspire.png
    WindVsInspire.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 29
As mentioned, flight path and observation areas of concern should always be on your flight list...Pay extra close attention landing if, or switching to/from ATTI... Take it from experience lol.. All but soiled my pants.. Good winds are an EXCELLENT DAY to do tailwind SPEEDTESTS...
Agree--I got 62mph with a KILLER tailwind in ATTI.
Fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool